My Summer Fling - by - Texan_Witch1234

Reviewer: kyaaraa13

Title- 

The title is attractive. It suits the plot and the book. It is simple but I do not suggest changing it.

Cover - 

The cover is exquisite. It has its positive impacts on the readers. Many times we do see it even before the title, which does give us the title in the mind. A good job you've done here.

Blurb - 

The first line in the opening should always be catchy. In your case, it is a warning which can be conveniently put to the bottom of the blurb. I always suggest having a strong opening line. The blurb is something you should really work on. It lacks the major things. Like excruciating cliffhangers, you have given just cliffhangers, not the exciting ones. You need to write it a bit longer as it is too short for my liking.

Prologue - 

There's no prologue in the book which can be subsequently taken as a negative point for the book. Crafting and publishing a good prologue always enhances the quality of the book. A prologue is like a short story—a small glimpse, set in your story's world, written in the same style as the rest of your book but with clear separation from the start of your story. So do craft it.

Grammar and Writing Style - 

You have used grammar perfectly. It's awesome how you have placed the long dashes and used them so conveniently; But, you have used them a lot. More than required. Every other sentence has a long dash. Try to minimize its use. Also instead of a long typed paragraph break, I would suggest you use shorter typed breaks or a picture for the breaks. I would not really love to tell you how many ellipses you have used. Ellipses are not something you use formally. The dots can be easily replaced by long dashes or a semicolon.

Plot - 

The plot is not unique and I believe you know that as well. The only thing that makes the book run millions is the writing style and the sub-plots, which are not that original as well. You need to focus on making the subplots interesting and unique and they need to shine. I hope this helps you.

Development -

 You have explained the characters very well and I adore that. You have given all the characters a sweet opening be it the main characters, supporting characters, or the villains. The characters' appearance is also described but I would like to point out if you could describe the setting that well too. It won't only make your chapters longer but also enhance the quality of reading.