Shit got real - by VMarvels

REVIEW DONE BY : MatthewsDawn

Summary :

This book is basically a collection of the truths of life, scientifically proven and collected from dearest google and written in a very bery, interesting and attention sucking way which makes you want to go in the loo and read till you can't no more.

Cover :

From a reader's perspective, it was definitely eye catching. If you made it yourself, you get a pat on the back and if you didnt, well, do look out for copyright issues if you took it from someone without permission :>

Title :

It definitely suits your book and it's content. But man, oh man, the subtitle was what caught my attention XD

Blurb :

Honestly? It doesn't do much justice to the stuff inside. You can make it bigger by adding vague descriptions of what's inside. I'd also suggest giving a small warning about a lotta non pg stuff which is very frequent in the book.

Dicklaimer :

Chapter title was enough to know I wasn't actually gonna regret this book. I think this was a good technique to ward off innocent little people but if they still continue reading, rip their innocence, you don't need to take the blame.

If they find anything offensive inside, you can always bring up the fact you warned them. Aside from it, your writing style really sucks in the reader's interest and attention, so that's a job well done!

From what I've read in this chapter, you definitely have a good sense if humor. I actually got most, if not all, of the metaphors you used to compare things XD.

All I want to say that you're not really being offensive if you've already warned people about it.

Worth :

What you said it in was damn true. The fact that you did actual research was a plus. I guess that what you said mostly made semse and I'm not even sure I could argue anymore about the fact people don't take interest in you unless they're getting something out it?

You put up a harsh truth and people agree and accept it. Your analogies was definitely nowhere near PG, but it was interesting enough for all the dirty-brained peeps out there and it was also enough for them to think about everything you said and absorb it.

And your ending sentence hit home to all those people who think otherwise.

Importantance of fucks:

The analogies you used to explain the limited 'fucks' were once again, humourous and something which wasn't supposed to make sense but it still did.

You've managed to make something therapeutic and psychological into something completely full of dark jokes and very, very, funny and interesting. Good fucking job.

And for people who apparently give too many fucks, maybe they'll get yout point, but we can never promise how thick-headed some people can be.

Also, I agree with the fact that we have control on our 'fuck banks'. I'd point out the fact that you used fuck too many times but then again, it wasn't used in a way which seemed displeasing.

Depression :

At some points, I felt that you were being kind of stereotypical. Like when you called nerds as "turtle-heads." For some it might be mildly offensive.

As for the symptoms and reasons of apparent depression, I'd take your word that these were scientifically proven :>

And for this chapter, I had nothing much to say except for the fact that this chapter too, was humorous with a lotta physiological things written in an absurd way.

Happiness :

....the way you roasted people who didn't believe that actual depression is nothing to worry about was just hilarious. Also, guess who agrees with your point made in here? Me, of course.

Happiness indeed isn't something which will fly over to anyone who wants it. You were clear with your points that happeniness was something you need to dig deep and search for it. And also the fact it's a temporary emotion.

All in all, I really enjoyed reading the book. Your writing style is something that I look for in books. Your metaphors were hilarious and made me smile if not laugh. I really hope people read this book and believe the facts you've stated in there. I'd say you did a pretty good job!