ELEVEn

(edited)

pierce the veil - falling asleep on a stranger

      "Oh my God, Ara!" Cher squeals the moment we set foot in her apartment. "That was probably the best sex I've ever had in my life." She twirls around in her spot before seemingly skipping over to the couch where she falls onto it with her head thrown back.

      A chuckle escapes my mouth as I roll my eyes and take my shoes off at the door seeing how much pain they were causing me.

      Was it nighttime or morning? It's always hard to tell in moments like this.

      "Oh yeah, what happened between you two?" The words slap me against me the face as I think back to hours ago. With a sigh I roll my eyes and start to pick at my nail beds.

      "He compared me to Maeve. Out of all fucking people, it had to be her." I wasn't going to lie, I knew I was better than her in many aspects but the insecurity was there. Why wouldn't it be? She got my boyfriend to cheat on me willingly and sober. And she was so fucking pretty, she could even take Pete if she wanted to probably.

      Cher bites on her bottom lip as the words slip in and out of her mind. I knew she wouldn't understand at this moment, she was still experiencing the high from what just happened.

      "So was he vanilla?" I smirk and drop my hands into my lap as a smile grows on her face. I've never seen her this excited over a one night stand.

      "Not at all, oh God, my dildo will never work again!" Her eyes widen and all I can do is grimace towards her. 

      "Okay, first of all, gross." A loud laugh escapes my mouth as I reach over for the remote not wanting to hear anymore of her late night escapades. The first thing that comes on is the news, gross, media manipulation? No thanks. 

      My finger taps on the button falling into line with the tapping tree, the two noises being the only heard except for our shallow breathing. Captain America? I wouldn't mind some Chris Evans tonight.

      I throw the remote onto the table and sink into the softness of the couch as the top itches against my skin. Feeling too lazy to get up and change though I let the brown sequined top just irritate my skin. 

      Cher's phone begins to ring with texts from her pocket making me shut my eyes and let out a load groan.

      "Please tell me you two didn't share numbers.." I mumble out through a sudden wave of tiredness that had struck me out of nowhere.

      "Oops." She giggles and begins tapping on the screen, her acrylics ringing through the space between us.

      "If he ever comes over, Pete better fucking not tag along." 

      "Ditto, I'll pass the message along, love." I let a small smile appear on my face as I let the tiredness sweep over me. It wouldn't be bad for me to fall asleep in this outfit, it was actually kind of comfortable after awhile. Kicking my feet up onto the couch I stretch them out and let them fall into Cher's lap, she wouldn't mind right?