fOuRTEEn

(edited)

she wants revenge - red flags and long nights

      I only pretend to not care, so please know that I do. When you tell me your secrets and your childhood memories, I understand. It's just hard. 

      When you talk to me at night when you think I'm asleep, I'm not, but I would never tell you that in fear you won't do it again.

      Tell me more stupid facts about the things you're interested in, I swear I'm interested as well, trust me.

      And when you left me for once and all, don't forget who I am. The girl you call the Moon and the body and soul you pray to religiously every night.

       For the night holds both of our secrets we swore we'd never speak of. But maybe this one time you're an exception to them.

<><><><><>

      "Hey, hot cheeks, need a ride?" My fingers push the sunglasses down onto the tip of my nose showcasing off the winged eyeliner I had done today. Pete rolls his eyes before flipping his middle finger my way only causing me to scoff at him. 

      Pressing down on the button that was equipped on the door, the window slowly rolls up separating the two of us. A knock rings through the empty car from the outside in which I only ignore knowing it was Pete.

      "Come on! It's my car." Glancing through the tinted window I see him frowning as he tries to pull open the door only for it to be locked. A giggle escapes my mouth as I watch him continue to struggle to get in his own car.

      I grab the keys and unlock it just for him to open the drivers door and motioning for me to get out. Rolling my eyes this time I do so swinging my sweatpants cladded legs out. Opting for no shoes and just socks today was a terrible idea, the concrete driveway was fucking freezing for no reason.

       He gets in the vehicle as the sun reflected off the black coat of painting it adorned. I walk over to the passenger side my palm on the handle but it wouldn't budge. He locked it. Furrowing my eyebrows I try again but all that happens is the window on my side rolls down.

      "Sorry, I don't have any cash." This time his sunglasses are on the tip of his nose and he's giving me a smirk. My eyes widen and I begin tugging on the handle again.

    "Not funny!" I give him a frown and give up crossing my arms

      The car finally beeps indicating it was unlocked so I slip into the passenger street with a smile now on my face. 

      "Where shall we go my darling?" He speaks in a facade posh British accent causing me to give him a look.

      "To the stars, my love, the stars!" I do the same and press my hand over my heart dramatically.