ninETEEn

(edited)

amy winehouse - you know im no good

      Disgust. The first thing I feel when I wake up is just absolutely disgusting. I'm not sure why, but the way the sunlight hit my face directly causing my eyes to squint open; to the way the bedsheets felt against my skin. Everything was just so gross.

      Not to even mention the missing body that was supposed to be next to me, but he wasn't. There wasn't even the slight morning chatter you usually hear, not even the morning birds chirping outside. It was dead silent.

      Even the barest of feet slapping against the wood flooring couldn't be heard; the world had gone quiet.

      "Pete?" My voice drifted off into the nothingness as no response calls back. I was alone. Squeezing my eyes shut I make my way out of his bedroom only to face a just as empty house not even the dog was here. The air had gotten thick and the feeling made breathing feel harder than ever before.

      The kitchen was left untouched from the night before, beer cans on the counter along with joints scattered around dangerously next to the stove. The hallway was bare as always and every door along the way was closed shut hiding away whatever skeletons laid behind them.

      And then there was the living room that was almost suffocating enough to go in. It seemed to be the source of all this, all this daunting feelings gathered into one spot. And I was right.

      "Well, if it isn't Arabella." A pair of hands clapping sounded into the atmosphere the moment my toe steps into the room. And there he was, Eli. To some the most terrifying man that could destroy your life and, well, to others, he's just another man in this world that could easily be controlled if handled right. "You look lost, mouse."

      "I'm not lost, I'm exactly where I wanted to be." The seat across from him was empty, in fact the entire room was empty except for the two of us. Glancing outside the window I couldn't help but notice the darkened sky that accompanied a flash of light here and there. Another storm.

      "Well, mouse. How about a game of chase?" He cocks his head to the side as I take the spot in front of him. A clash of thunder sounds after him and it was to no wonder why there was no morning birds this morning. "Say I know where your boy is, and you go hunt for him?"

      "And why exactly should I go hunt for him? He's a grown man." I cross my legs causing Pete's shirt to wrinkle a little and ride up just ever more so. His eyes catch this as the smallest smirk grows on his face.

      Pinching his chin in-between his index finger and thumb he raises his eyebrows. "And you trust him?" Another clash through the air as my body jumps ever so slightly and his stays calm and reserved.

      "Not exactly. But he makes his own decisions and I make my own." Now it was my turn to flip the script onto him. "I've been meaning to talk to you actually."

      There was one thing in this world a man truly desired, sex. It was all they thought about and craved and was so easy to fool them with. They would do anything for just even an ounce of sultry.

      Shifting around in the seat it causes the shirt to ride up above my thigh as I lean forward closer to his figure. "I want in."

      "You're already in, doll. I don't get what you're saying." His accent was stronger than when I had first met him, it was intriguing almost.

      "No, I'm not. What I'm saying is that I want in. I want to know everything that is going on, start to finish. I want to be involved and not treated like a fucking girl but more of like you." His posture stiffens up as my words reach his ears. "Do you understand?"