TwEnTy-TwO

(edited)

lana del rey - salvatore

Of course every night can't be perfect and spent with one another. It was just business and how life worked.

Not even the songbirds that sung into the morning air were awake yet the moment my hand slapped the empty but curved spot next to me. He hadn't left that long ago seeing as the dip of his body was still present.

Peeking an eye open I look out at the now closed doors seeing not even the break of sunlight in the sky yet. When did those get shut? Turning my head I look at crinkled white sheets hoping I could see a figure sulking in the shadows but there was none.

Leaning up the blanket falls off my bare skin causing a chill to attack my body. Snuggling back under the blanket I keep my eyes open and my ears alert for any sound to go through the air. There had to be a reasoning as to why he had left so left early in the morning that not even the sun was awake yet.

Desire. It's such a strong word alongside the feeling that sinks deep inside of my restless soul. A desire to feel for someone, feel for myself, and to feel anything at all. The desire that most days my brain would just stop overthinking every little thing and just let me live my life.

But now all I desired at this moment was for the body next to me to stop going missing every single time my eyes opened.

Twisting around in the sheets I face the spot next to me that now lays empty and cold. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't fall back asleep, it felt as if something or someone was watching me. But I knew it was nothing but the ghosts from nighttime coming to haunt me for whatever sin I had committed.

A creaking sound filled the atmosphere as I watch light flood into the room from the hallway indicating an open door. A body trudges through until it stops in the middle of the room meeting my already steady gaze.

"You're awake." He clears his throat before sitting down at the end of the bed dressed in a pair of black jeans with a loose shirt. "I was hoping you weren't."

"Why? Were you sneaking off to meet up with some hot Italian chick?" My face stayed serious but my voice indicated a joking tone.

He lets out a low chuckle as he shakes his head making his hair swoop down a little. "When I could just sneak off with you? Never."

I sit up so I'd be closer with him but all it does is cause the sheet to fall from my body once more. His eyes trace the outline of it in the dark as he reaches over to grab my hand in his. The air between us was thick as a quietness surrounded us.

Only then did I notice the orange glow that was starting to fill the room and the song that the birds sung into the morning air. A smile grew on my face as I watched the floor transform from a grey to a cool yellow until it reached it's peak white color. Turning towards Pete he pushes the stray hair out of my face as he leans over to kiss the tip of my nose.

"Good morning, amante." He gently smiles keeping our faces only inches apart as he whispers the phrase ever so lightly.

"I see you've been touching up on your Italian, tell me. How does one say, "It's too early in the morning to be awake."" He pauses for a moment as the birds continue to sing outside the closed doors.

"Amante, non lasciarmi mai." His soft voice ringed through my ears as I close shut my eyes. His words bringing a warm calming effect over my mind and body.

 His words bringing a warm calming effect over my mind and body