TwEnTy-ThREE

(edited)

lana del rey - in my feelings

      Coldness nipped at my skin as I held a corndog in one hand as the other gripped on tightly onto the hat that rested on my head that threatened to fly away from a sudden gust of wind. Pete and Jeffrey stood ahead of me walking down the street in laughter in whatever joke was shared between the two of them.

      The farmers market was absolutely beautiful; that was until the harsh blows of air from mother of nature arrived ruining it nearly. Flower stands that were once vibrant now stood almost bare as petals flowed through the air and down the street wherever it was they were gonna end up at. Food stalls closed down in fear of dirt or worse stuff in the air harming their product. Leaving the place almost bare except for the few stalls that remained open not minding the tricky weather.

      It was mainly jewelry booths or the few attires here and there as I walked behind the two boys a few steps behind munching slowly on the meat shoved on a stick.

      Our plan for a lovely evening at the farmer market was surely ruined now with barely anyone attending now. Stupid wind.

      The two didn't seem to mind the weather though, I surely did though. It wasn't exactly appetizing trying to eat something with your hair entering your mouth every time you opened it.  Not to mention the baseball cap on my head that didn't do shit to keep it down or even tried to stay on itself.

      "Babe, you better not lose my hat!" Pete looks over his shoulder with a flashy smile as he laughs at my struggle. Furrowing my eyebrows I take another bite of the halfway finished corndog as my other hand grips tighter than ever on the tip of the hat.

      "I wouldn't dare to think about it, Petey."

      "Petey?" Jeffrey's loud laughter echoes throughout the curves of the buildings as Pete scoffs at the sudden name usage. I catch up to their stilled bodies shoving my own in-between the two of them hoping their heat would somehow radiate off onto me.

      "It's too damn cold and windy." A bare stick rested in-between my fingers now as I spoke through a full mouth. I stick in between my teeth biting down on the wood as I shove my hands into the blazer jacket that engulfed my entire body. Huge, comfy, and warm, what more could you ask for?

      "Let's just head to the club, it'll be warmer there." The sun was only now just beginning to sit as it rested halfway on the horizon with the hill of this street blocking most of it.

      Golden rays danced on our skin as the three of us begun making twists and turns in the foreign city. Strangers pasted by us simply just walking or some sitting outside of their homes watching the sun set. Children played together as teenagers turned the way we did more than likely ending up in the same place that we were heading to.

      It was discreet if anything like how the two boys had mentioned, "underground." The place however was incredibly dirty with trash scattered around our feet and the air smelling like straight up piss mixed with some vomit. Jeffrey held up some card to the guy guarding the door that somehow had let us inside just based off that tiny rectangle of paper. 

      A blue twinge of light flashed across our skin as he held up a flashlight to our faces before nodding his head towards the steel metal door. The hallway was dark and moody as loud music started to pour through our eardrums; the bass beating harder and harder with each second.

      Bodies swayed as our minds became fogged the instant we stepped foot down the stairs and into the room where everyone was located. Sweat immediately formed from my pores from all the body warmth radiating off of everyone.