35

Stray Kids - Side Effect

Reality felt different from these lenses.

It was like watching from outside a glass box, unable to get in and leaving one with no choice but to just watch..... And stare. With no control over anything really, shit not even on their own body.

That's how Jeongguk is right now, staring from outside a glass box.

The loud buzzing of the music feels like vibrations against his ear, able to distinguish the noise but not knowing what the words that strings along with it say or even mean. Maybe if his head wasn't already fuzzy from the alcohol and his body didn't feel like a light feather, perhaps he would've paid more attention to see if he can focus hard enough if he wanted to.

But truth is he didn't want to.

He didn't want to know anyone, or even focus.

All these people around him, dancing or drinking along side the bar with him - he didn't care what their names could be or if they even find him attractive. His goal here was to distract his mind a little, perhaps meet someone and get laid.

Now he doesn't give a shit.

And funny part is that he doesn't know what he wants.

He doesn't want to dance, to try to communicate with people at least with some signs that they could understand - not even make out with someone and forget their faces the next second.

All he wants is to sit here, and drink until he can forget the reason as to why his throat clenches whenever he speaks and how he became deaf in the first place.

Jeongguk wants to forget it all.

And he is starting to.

That's the best part.

"Kook! Come on!"

Namjoon is in front of him now, just as he finished his shot of alcohol, "You need to move, trust me."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes, "I don't want to."

Even his hand signs are getting sluggish, just like his consciousness as stares at Namjoon's face and sudden starts to giggle to how funny he looks.

He's so adorable.

"Alright, that's enough for you. Let's take you to the dorm-"

"Relax," Jeongguk signs with a huff, "I'm not that bad. If I am, I'll let you know. Go have fun.... I might join in a bit."

Namjoon is staring at him hesitantly, clearly not wanting to leave him be, but Jeongguk only pats his arm for him to go with a motivating smile to show that he's okay; even if he's seeing double right now.