4

Bury A friend - Billie Eilish

There's a conflicted gaze filling Jeongguk's doe eyes as he watches the two familiar males sitting at the back seats from his seat in front of the row of his other teammates. They didn't notice how Jeongguk is staring at them since it just looks as though he's focusing on the conversation with his friends, but that's far from the truth.

He can see the way Namjoon's face kept crumbling down of low spirit because of the monotone male beside him. It's clear that Namjoon was really trying to not let his emotions get the best of him, but the other male carries such an aura that was like something that provokes emotions or just have this urge to snap at him back.

Jeongguk would know since he's been around his presence a few times.

Truth is, Jeongguk was the only one aware of Namjoon and Jimin's secret relationship when they were together. They never came out publicly together since that wouldn't exactly have been wise due to the negative view from the media and their reputation -possible occupation- being at risk, but that didn't stop them from seeing each other on the low.

Why would Namjoon trust Jeongguk with something as secretive and private as this?

Easy, Jeongguk is his step brother.

The two grew a very close connection when their parents got married when they were young, and obviously Namjoon hasn't came out that he's interested in men to either of them - Or maybe he never will. Not like Jeongguk would know since he ran away from home when he was fourteen, leaving him as an orphan for a while to fend for himself.

Anyways, the two stayed in contact and Namjoon did tell Jeongguk of his interests and obviously the ravenette would do anything to support his brother- even if he did grow up to be conservative as well to the thought of same sex relationships. Not like he's against it, just not into it himself.

Jeongguk and Jimin never interacted personally, he's only see him sometimes when Jimin would pick up Namjoon from practice or see his games. He's is pretty sure Jimin knows who he is, briefly from a long distance away but maybe not too much in detail since obviously speaking is a mission impossible for Jeongguk unless he's comfortable. Namjoon was never one to spill information willingly without the consent of the other person, so most likely Jimin just sees Jeongguk as the face of Namjoon's brother.

If he even can remember him.

So Jeongguk watches as his brother getting to his feet, sharing some awkward eye contact with the ballet dancer before joining the rest of the group without another word. Jessi, the captain of the Women's Hockey team, motioned eagerly for Namjoon to sit on the empty seat beside her with such a vibrant energy and immediately pinched his cheeks with praises to how good he did in practice today.

From the hockey team, men and women, Jessi is almost similar to a loving yet edgy mother; She refers to her players from both teams as her kids and always brings either food or snacks to practice -even if coaches scold her for it. She is very free-spirited and sometimes acts as though she's a teen herself by how easy it is to get along with her. She gets all their jokes and calls out on their bullshit too; She's just a great person to be around with.

Since she knows Jeongguk is Namjoon's brother, she also learned sign language herself to complain about his brother - playfully at least- how he's fooling around in practice and isn't taking it seriously and how Jeongguk should scold him.

She never failed to make Jeongguk smile somehow since she's just so cool, it's always a nice energy being around her.

Yeah, teams in indoor skating events -hockey, figure skating, speed skating, etc- are all all pretty close and that's the good thing about a team when everyone treats each other like family. Even from the Women's team, since they sometimes practice together for friendly competitions.