68⚠️

Mount Everest - Labrinth

"Okay everyone, so now that we're here, let's talk about how everyone been this week," Captain Hongjoong starts off the circle meeting, a strain smile on his lips - that has a small cut down the middle, "So who wants to start?"

Everyone was quiet for a good moment, not really knowing what to say, up until hesitantly Minho raised a hand.

He seemed a little lost on what to say at first, rubbing a hand on the bruise by his jaw before letting out a heavy sigh, "I..... I just want to thank you guys. I know this was very difficult at first and it was hard to.... Process. But you guys really backed me up as a team. If I'm honest, I never thought this would get to the point that it is now, but I appreciate you guys fighting hard and..... I'm really sorry that you guys are also receiving hate because of this."

Subconsciously Jeongguk traces a hand to the tender swollen area on his cheek, flinching slightly from the bruise there, but only frowns deeply and focused back to Minho - who's gazing at the ground with his teary gaze.

No doubt feeling guilty to all the bruised and beaten-up teammates surrounding him.

It's not like he knew this was going to happen - or any of them - that the second they would return back home after a conference meeting that there would be people waiting for them with pipe tubes and baseball bats.

Calling them faggots.

Ruining the traditional morals of the country.

All types of fucked up shit before they left.

And no one fought back.

If they did, they knew it would only look worse on them.

So, they held it in.

All the way until it was over, and they helped each other inside.

Seokjin scoffs to Minho's words, rolling his bruised eye, "We knew what we signed up for when we signed the petition and gave our resignation letter. You don't have to apologize."

Minho only shares a trembling smile, not saying anything more.

After a few more moments of silence, Woosung raised a hand, crackling a weak smile with the cut to the corner of his lips, "Well, I know it may seem like shit is bad but on the bright side, this is gaining a lot of attention. Today at the conference meeting with the directors of Olympic events seemed to be on a tight rope right now. Especially when they mentioned that other programs abroad reached out in support of our cause. So maybe there will be some results."

That is true. Maybe it won't happen so soon, and they will have to struggle a fucking shit load of time, but it's a work in progress.

They can't last without the Jewels of South Korea after all.

Especially the ice prince of pair figure skating.

"That's the positivity we need," Hongjoong encouraged, smiling, "We just have to stick together, yeah? This will have to pass through eventually-"

"Until when?"

The deep husk and depth of Karma's voice quivers the air, forcing everyone to snap their gazes to him. The red-haired man is glaring at his busted and bruised hands, that got slammed by a pipe while he desperately tried to protect Jeongguk's body when the boy had a panic attack in the midst of the beating.