18

Four Seasons: Spring - Vivaldi

New Years Eve arrived quicker than Jeongguk expected, and it's obvious plans were made to do something on such a special occasion for all the skating athletes- Or everyone in general.

Which is today.

The Olympic skating teams, who uses the rink, have reached out to each other- well mostly Minho- and planned on blasting big a party for celebration. Jessi from the Women's hockey team and Amber from the Curling team has put their own efforts to rent out a ballroom at a hotel for skating members only, or invites from the skater. That money to rent was an involvement from the other athletes in putting their own part for it, so it wasn't just the three of them doing all of this on their own.

After all, what a nice way to end the year right? With a huge party.

That's how Jeongguk is here, right now, in this hotel ball room; surrounded by music and Olympic Athletes. The room is vast, high ceiling with ivory colored walls with a few fake candles sconces of elegant designs spread out with dim lights. One end of the room is curved unlike the other side, with large windows connected to gazing out to the city lights and a view of the Han river. The place itself is decorated with lots of New Years balloons and neon lights to the dim atmosphere. Tables are decorated with snacks and drinks, an open dance floor that's already coated with people moving to the DJ intoxicating the atmosphere with their music.

This is not the first time Jeongguk has been to a party before, but this one specifically involves everyone who are athletes on the ice, so it's definitely much more familiar faces around him who knows him rather than strangers who just find him attractive. Usually they don't have events like this that they do together, but in celebration for most of their big wins for the ice events, why not celebrate it together?

It's two hours before New Years, and the party is already running wild. Alcohol is already pumping through everyone's blood system, hot atmosphere, a few loud voices here and there that thankfully Jeongguk doesn't have to hear.

An advantage to not having his hearing aids on, even though it would be wise if he would converse with people to exercise his social skills. However the people he usually associates himself with already knows how to sign, and not like he's actively out there to meeting new people either way.

That's why he's by the corner of the ballroom, where the circular window walls are, gazing outside with champagne in hand that he barely sipped on. It was actually quite hard to drag him here to say the least, especially since he didn't have much of an outfit choice to choose from.

So his brother and the twins helped him out with a little shopping. Taehyung really wanted to pamper him with sparkles, saying it would enhance the killer in his eyes, while Karma wanted a more wine red for him.

It was a complete mess, but thankfully Namjoon came to the rescue on a perfect outfit choice.

Now Jeongguk is here dressed in black fitted slacks with a black loose button up shirt beneath his black blazer. Taehyung argued that that shirt is more of a blouse than a formal button up shirt, which is clearly something he was not complaining about since it just made him look approachable.

Either way, Jeongguk is comfortable right now; that's all that matters to him.

His gaze remains outside the window despite feeling the rise in vibration beneath his feet, sighing heavily to the buzzing noises drumming against his ears to the faint music in the back ground, before turning to face back to the crowd.