54

Whatever it takes - Imagine Dragons

"Jeongguk, you're up."

The ravenette looks up, seeing Hoseok with his clipboard as he moves around the locker room quickly while searching for the other players. Jeongguk instantly gets to his feet on the skates with the guards on, soothing out his body suit and walks out of the locker room and towards the rink.

With his hearing aids in hand.

When he approaches the dashboard, before he steps out to go to the ice, he looks around with troubling eyebrows furrowed. He definitely sees familiar skaters, a lot of people sitting on the bleachers in preparation for the competition. Even a few paparazzi's are here to capture moments to share with the world.

Yet despite so many faces, Jeongguk only searches for one as he continues to look around before suddenly being surprised by hands around his waist pulling him into a tight embrace.

And an artificial smile forms on his face, quickly turning around to see the familiar girl standing there with an excited smile.

There she is.

"Kick ass!" Lalisa signs, making Jeongguk's own smile widen in giddiness, "You got this!"

Now feeling much more motivated, Jeongguk nods and leans to press a peck on her cheek while also trusting her with his hearing aids and skating guards. Lalisa blushes a bit but only waves at him before stepped back just as he pushes himself onto the ice.

Loud series of cheers and hollers is what Jeongguk assumes is echoing around him now, but all he did was get to his place with the other skaters while exchanging smiles here and there to finally have this day come after these hard weeks of overworking themselves.

To finally be able to show what they have practiced.

There's a few news reporters here, so definitely displaying his image with Lalisa was a must, something Hoseok has stressed out enough to just look the part. Well, for Jeongguk he doesn't really have to be told so much since lately these days, or weeks, him and Lalisa have been growing more comfortable around each other to.... You know.... Act like that.

It's starting to feel kinda normal after a while of doing it for so long. Now they hang out without anyone telling them to, find themselves texting one another after practices and until late at night. Sometimes Jeongguk would even sleep over at her room - well not by choice because initially they would be talking about something and soon sleep would settle in.

Point is, no one really has to beg them to act like a couple.

They just do that naturally now.

And.... It felt really nice.

She's been one of his greatest inspirations and motivations to do well on the ice, after the whole Jimin with incident. She said that shit happens in life but to stay focused on what drives him, his passion. It was a bit difficult at first, since Jimin is all Jeongguk could really think about, but Lalisa filled in that void whenever they would stay after practice to train together and form new memories together.

By the third week, Jeongguk stopped thinking about Jimin, his focus returning back to skating and his drive for it that he has lost touch with.

Now he's here, getting himself prepared for the race with a determined smirk on his lips.

The adrenaline cruised all over his body, breathing heavy, now in position, Jeongguk just stares at the fresh ice ahead.