65

Titanium - David Guetta ft Sia

A hard slam forces on the wide desk, startling the adjusted and smooth clothed man with a smudge of a donut frosting to the side of his thin lips. He sure wasn't expecting any guests today, nor a meeting so this was completely out of proportion.

His eyes snap up, seeing the familiar faces of a Jewel of Korea with the Diamond right beside him - both staring at him with clear unease, yet stern looks on their expressions to what is about to happen.

Minho and Taehyung.

Oh, he knows them well alright.

The Director of the Olympic Skating Events of South Korea, Kang Sungseok, glances between the two and down to the desk, seeing a form - a three paged paper actually - with a printed prompt on top that followed with various of signatures along the way.

A petition.

"Any athlete despite their sexual orientation, race, gender identity, disability, etc. should be allowed to participate in competitive Olympic events. This will not only help build a society of compassion and equality through the love of sports, but also combat and bring awareness against discrimination, sexism, ableism, homophobia, and inequality."

A slow small snarl forms the Director's face, narrowing his eyes from the petition and back to the two boys, "What is this? Not exactly a good first impression to state your concerns may I add."

"I'm sorry sir, but after you expelled us, we had to take matters to our own hands," Minho said, respectfully yet still sternly, keeping his guard up, "You cannot just expel Taehyung and I from the skating program due to our relationship status. So, we have gained signatures in support of this petition. Not just from the skating program."

The Director is looking through the three full pages filled of signatures, grimacing before looking at them and leaning back against the chair - staring at the two with hands crossed on his stomach.

"Just a question for you two," He asks, his tone serious and intimidating that even made Taehyung shiver on the spot, "Let's say I let this pass. You do realize there's a high chance for this program to be blacklisted, correct? Rise suspicion of homosexuals and possibly encouraging these skaters to go against traditional values in a very conservative society. Have you thought of that?"

Taehyung steps up to this, fists to his side, "This program runs the Olympic athletes of ice events. Speed skating, Figure Skating, Hockey, the list goes on. Many big names are labeled here, who have brought various of metals home. If there's a chance that this program gets blacklisted, it will gain the attention of all the Olympic programs around the world. In terms of our current situation, since there's a rise in acceptance in the LGBTQ+ community in various of countries, no doubt many of them will notice our expulsion and stand with us through social media platforms. We aren't alone."

This made a pointed stare fill the Director's expression, glancing back down to the petition, "These names here..... You do know if this gets released, they will face incredible shame for it? Possibly face deep consequences for it too."

"They knew what they were doing when they signed their names, meaning they knew of the risk," Minho answers, his voice mellow, refusing to be nudged, "If you release the names, this will only give this program a worse reputation than it already has in speculation of discrimination against the following listed in the petition. This is not only about the LGBTQ+ Community, but every community that has faced discrimination in these sporting events."

The fogged stare is still filling the Director's eyes, watching at Taehyung and Minho still stand firmly in front of him while clearly having this all prepared and figured out.

Prepared for anything.

"I see," He mutters, leaning over the desk with eyes still focused on them, "You know that the reason you two were expelled wasn't fully due to the dating scandal, but also because of the cheating rumors as well. How would you be able to handle that?"

Nerves is definitely building up now, so high that Minho had to glance at Taehyung.

The man stares back at him, his gaze tough yet still so sensitive just to try to be strong for this.

For them.

This is their only chance.

They have to keep pushing till the end.

So, Minho got the message and slowly nods, looking back at the Director, "We will admit that the dating with Irene and Seulgi was for publicity and come open about our relationship."

Now this made the Director on guard. He suddenly got tense, eyes dilating in size with a clear hostility in his glare to the idea, "Absolutely not! You honestly believe I'm doing this for myself? No, I expelled you two for the sake of this program and preventing anyone else from getting dragged because of what you two did!"

And to both of their horror, the Director grabs the petition and ripped it down the middle, just like how he ripped both of their hearts right up before their eyes.

"Nice try, but I will have to deny for the reputation and sake of this country's Olympic teams."

Tears instantly burned Taehyung's eyes, cursing in French under his breath while covering his quivering mouth with his trembling hand. Minho stares heavily at the torn sheets, feeling his own lips wobble too but his eyes fixate to a glare instead.

He tried the nice way.

"You were warned."

And suddenly the door opens to the office, in coming rest of the Jewels of Korea - Minho's skating team.

Along with Jimin, Jackson, Hoseok, Lalisa, Irene, and Seulgi.

They didn't even greet the Director, only one by one placed their own paper on the desk, catching the Director completely off guard, but then they all stood behind Minho and Taehyung - who are holding hands tightly now with the rage flickering their gazes.

No longer being afraid.

The Director looks at all these papers and his heart evidently dropped to the resignation letters with the quitting form attached to it.

All of them dropping the program.

"If you expel them, you expel all of us," Jimin states roughly, making the Director slowly look up, "This isn't over. We will make sure those voice from that petition you ripped up are heard. Your loss for losing the best skaters in the country."

And with that they all walked out, leaving the Director completely shocked.

But they knew it was only going to get rougher from here on out.

And they're prepared for war.

_________________

A/N:

Wow, this really is hitting hard...

How is everyone? I haven't updated in a while!

I hope everyone is okay!

I PURPLE YOU! <33