7

No. 1 Party Anthem - Arctic Monkeys

"Aw you're going to be a little ice prince! That's so cute!"

Jimin scowl deepens, staring at the girl sitting across the island from him as he makes himself his usual warm tea. He really thought calling Jihyo would help ease him out of his frustration about this whole ice skating thing, but of course it's been the total opposite.

Typical for her behavior.

Even if he is annoyed with her, he can never be angry at her. They started together in the ballet academy when Jimin was only seven and she was six. They practically saw each other grow up and go through the toughest obstacles through teen years. She's actually the only person who Jimin trusts dancing with and - on a more personal level - with the fact that he's gay, and at first she was spectacle but more so because of worry if the media ever found out about this.

Not only would Jimin's career be completely destroyed, but maybe not even be accepted anywhere else to work. The traditional public would definitely have this be frowned upon, he would be judged everywhere he goes, so it's something he really can't afford to be obvious about if he does have a partner.

With Namjoon he got luckily because they had a mutual friend, Jisoo- who's in the hockey team, and she's also friends with Jihyo. So when the four would go out, it wouldn't seem so obvious, not even Jisoo noticed the secret relationship either. Once the public got use to spotting the duo, it was easier for Jimin and Namjoon to go out alone without a problem.

The media referred to them as 'The Starring Friends' since they would always support one another whenever they had an event, not like they minded it at all.

That just cares to show how careful Jimin must be, especially with being one of the star dancers in the country. Eyes are always peering at him, that's why he's just given up the idea of a relationships to focus on dancing. Well that being one of the reasons tagging along the list of reasons he has pointed out.

Anyways, Jihyo has been supportive with him through his dancing career and relationship life, so she's really the only one he can trust.

So that's how Jimin calmed down his annoyance and leans over the island with a sip of his Jasmine tea, "Not an ice prince, thank you. I'm trying so hard to get Jackson to find me useless but no! Now- in two hours to be exact- he wants to take me and Nayeon to this public skating shit in town in order for us to bond and whatever."

Jihyo has a palm to her lips, giggling softly to her friend's frustration before gathering her composure to reach over and clasp his hand, a reassuring smile twitching her mouth, "Well you do practice like crazy, maybe take this event as a day off? I don't know, just don't think of this as a bad thing. You're not obligated to do this either way, so you don't have to do it."

Oh Jimin knows that.

He knows he can call it quits whenever he wants if he wanted to, not dealing with this bullshit any longer. So why hasn't he? Maybe he is curious of the skills he can develop on the ice. He already can properly skate without tripping over the pick, not in front of Jackson obviously, and he's impressed by how fast he's picked up on it. If he learned how to skate this quick, with his own efforts to learn, he can only imagine how amazing it would be to twirl and do jumps like how that guy did back at his performance.

Of course that's not the only reason.

Lately he feels as though he's been a disappointment to Taemin, with him not being settled on a partner and making him always find someone else. It gets tiring, of course it does, and Jimin wants to learn to adjust to what he has instead of complaining all the time. Taemin really believes this ice skating program will be good for him, as an experience, before he has to practice for his show in five months.