55.Kids and tantrums

Warisha's POV

"You're early today." Salwa opened the door and smiled at me.

"Say Alhamdulillah." I said, making her chuckle.

"Where are others?" I asked, noticing the silence.

"At chachis place." She replied.

"Oh."

"You go and change." She said, walking towards her room.

I barely pulled my tired body in. Keeping my bag on the couch, I went in the dining room and washed my hands.

I made my way towards our room, only to stop at the threshold seeing the scene before me.

There sat Alyan on his knees, before the bed. Seven month old Anabia sat on the bed, holding Alyans hand.

The father and daughter were having a very hearty conversation there.

"....and what did you do then?" He asked.

"Aiiiiia aiiii...wa tee fu..." Anabia said excitedly, in a foreign language which is not for me illiterate.

"Oh my Allah, then?" Alyan made a very shocked face.

"Ooooi, aaaaw baaaa....aya yayai...." She was looking at him with those round widened eyes. Playfully, she kept her right hand on Alyans face. He kissed on her palm, making her giggle softly.

"And then what did Ammi do?" He asked.

"Aaa...wooiii..."

When did I do that?

"I know I know, she's very grumpy. Abbu is the best, right?" He asked and she threw a heart melting smile at him.

"Oh really, am I that bad?" I decided to make a grand entrance.

Both the father and daughter looked at me, father with a smile and daughter getting ready to cry and whine.

Wobbling her lips adorably, she advanced both of her arms my way.

"Aiai...."

Which means she wants me to pick her up.

"I guess my regular lecture on "I'll take a shower first and then will touch you" won't be accepted as always." I chuckled and walked towards her.

As soon as I sat there, she grabbed my hijab tightly and came in my arm. I sat on the bed with her on my lap who was busy in getting a grip on my hijab. I took it off and she snatched it with interest.

"She was just telling me how you trouble her." Alyan sat beside me. I glared at him.

"She wasn't, you just translated it in your own favour."

"Just because you don't understand her language doesn't mean even I don't understand." He said as I chuckled, kissing on her cheek. She took that chance and gave a lick on my cheek, which means 'kiss' in her dictionary.

"Anabia..it's yuck. I just came home." I said. She looked at me for few seconds with widened eyes, her lips quirking downwards dramatically. Within a second, she started crying hysterically in my arms.

"And you made her cry." Alyan took her from my lap and made her sit on his lap as she snuggled in his shirt, still crying and flailing her arms

"Shh....don't cry. Here, abbu is here. Ammi is very naughty, I'll tell your nani to punish her." Alyan cooed, patting on her back. After a minute of wailing and planning of severe punishment for me, she stopped crying. She stuffed her little finger in her mouth and got busy with his shirts button.