20. Revenge

Warishas POV

I heard my phone ring and rushed to my room.

"Hello."

"It's me." Alyan said.

"Oh,abbu. Did you again forget the grocery list?" I decided to play a bit.

"Abbu? Who's abbu?" He asked.

"Abbu,how could you forget me this easily? I'm your daughter,Warisha. W-A-R-I-S-H-A." I spelled my name.

"I'm not your abbu,have you gone mad? It's me, Alyan." He said and I chuckled.

"Then you should've told me."

"Didn't I tell you it's me?"

"How do I understand who this 'it's me' is?" I said.

"Didn't you save my number?"

"I did. I just played with you." I said and laughed.

"Hahaha so funny. Now listen, I took out the footage and added voice in it,that recording you sent. I'm sending this to you,check and let me know." He said.

"Ok."

"I saw what he did." He said and then it hit me that I didn't tell him the details,I felt awkward to say all this.

"Hmmm.."

"Listen,I know you're not comfortable about this. But remember,now you have proof against him,so he will get what he deserves. Don't feel bad about it." He said and I sighed.

It's not so easy to forget. Every time it comes in my mind,it's like he's touching me again. I try to make myself understand that that's nothing,I'm fine but at the end it's my heart which weakens. I feel suffocated.

"Warisha,you there?" He asked and I came out of my trance.

"Yeah." I said.

"You know,you can share anything going on in your mind." He said. And that's when I felt vulnerable.

"I..I don't know what to say or do. Everything's just so messed up. It's like I try to find faults in myself. I think I could've avoided this if I was a bit more careful. I could've go out,I could've called someone or just do something. I feel like I failed even though I felt I was safe,careful enough. If ammi or abbu get to know? It'll break their heart, they'll think they failed to protect me. But it's me who called all this upon myself by being careless....I....he touched me and I couldn't do anything...it.." I felt tears in my eyes.

"Calm down. Try to remember whatever you did to prevent this,how you protected yourself this one year. And you're still doing it. Whatever has happened,it happened and you're fine now. Allah protected you. Be thankful about this,don't break down. It will seem like Allah protected you but you're not acknowledging it by feeling bad. You were strong,and now you have to be stronger. Keep faith on Allah,He will help you." Alyan said.

"I'll try." I said.

"And remember,whatever he did is his fault. It's all his evil work,don't you blame yourself. You are strong and perfect the way you are."

"Thanks."

"Check your inbox." He said and I thought maybe he sent that video.

I cut the call and checked my inbox. He sent that video, also an extra picture.

"What is this?" I murmured as I downloaded it. That picture made me smile.

It's Ilma,she is kissing the picture where she is sat on my lap,playing with my bangles and smiling adorably .As she is kissing the picture,her face is smeared with chocolate,which she is smearing on the picture. She is wearing a dark blue frock and sitting on the floor spreading her legs. The floor is also smeared by chocolate.