4.Tough decisions

It's the night when ammi heard my conversation with that insolent man(maybe Zayan).

"Ammi, what are you doing here?" I asked ammi, phone hanging down the table.

"Who was that Warisha?" Ammi asked me.

"Ammi..." She didn't let me complete.

"Warisha, I'm asking you who was he?" Ammi came close to me, whispering.

"Ammi, come sit here." I took hold of her arms and directed her towards my bed. I went to lock my door, as I didn't want anyone else to hear this.

Then I came and sat beside ammi. I took a deep breath and took her hands on my lap.

"At first you promise me that you will hear everything and won't misunderstand me." I said looking straight in her eyes.

Ammi nodded.

I sighed and started to tell her everything, from first day to last.

This whole time, ammi didn't interrupt me. She was looking at me with big eyes,not even blinking.Tears were clearly forming in her eyes, but this tears were not of sadness, they were of anger, of disgust.

It may seem weird, but this is how mother's are.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? You had promised me." Ammi said, clearly offended.

"Ammi, I didn't want to trouble you or abbu. And relax, it's nothing to be so worried about. They won't be able to do anything to me. Because firstly, I have trust on Allah, He will protect me. And secondly, I always have Jamya and Liya with me, they won't let them even touch any of us as long as they are alive." I said assuring ammi.

"And ammi, I have you na. I know you will always have my back." I said.

"Promise me,cif this matter gets too much then you will tell me everything." Ammi said.

"I promise ammi. I will tell you. But right now, let me handle them." I promised.

Ammi smiled.

Suddenly, Amaya started to bang the door.

"Ammi, appi I know you guys are eating something in there. Open the door or else I'll call abbu." Amaya whined.

"Ammi, this pizza is too spicy, though it tastes better than last one." I winked at ammi, raising my voice.

"Open the door." Amaya yelled.

"Oh, Amaya, you're there? Wait, I'm opening the door." I said raising my voice.

"Ammi,cquickly hide the pizza." Now I lowered my voice, but enough for Amaya to hear.

I made a few shuffling sound. Ammi was trying hard to suppress laughter. I made a neutral face and opened the door.

"Where is the pizza?" Amaya bursted in the door and shouted.

I and ammi both made an innocent face.

"What pizza Amaya?" I asked her.

"Appi, don't lie. I clearly heard both of you were talking about pizza."

"Can't we talk about pizza without eating?"

"But I heard you were saying the pizza was spicy. Give me my share." Amaya started walking and searching through my room.

I and ammi couldn't handle more and started laughing like mad.

"What happened?" Amaya asked, brows furrowed.

"We weren't eating any pizza. We were just talking about something. Then you started banging the door." I said in my laugh.

"You guys were acting?" Amaya asked.