27.Parents and concern

Warisha's POV

"....And we get fourteen as answer." I said keeping the marker on the table,looking around.

"But how will Rajesh eat fourteen chocolates together? Won't he get cavity?" Dina asked pouting.

"Umm,maybe he will share them with his siblings." I said suppressing my smile.

"But Rajesh bhai doesn't have any sibling." Another one said.

"This is another Rajesh,not the one you know." I chuckled at their weird questions.

"Oh. That means he is Rajesh bhai two." She giggled.

I laughed at her innocent declaration.

"Appi,there are many peoples in this world with same name. Then how will we call them? Because all of them will come if I call them by their name." Rahim asked me,making me mentally face palm myself.

From the beginning,I'm suffering with this weird questions from them everyday. I can't possibly ignore this questions as it's their age of curiosity. It's totally normal of them to ask questions about things around them. But sometimes they ask so out of the blue questions that I completely get dumbstruck. Like last week,Tiya asked me what a blackhole is. She saw a news on newspaper about the first picture of a blackhole and got curious about that. So how do I explain these stuff to them?

"But you don't know everyone,right? So you don't have to talk to all of them." I answered.

"But if I meet all of them?" Now it's Mishkat.

"Then you can give them different names like Rajesh one,Rajesh two,Rajesh returns,Rajesh again and Rajesh zinda hai etc." I said and they started to laugh hysterically.?

"Ok ok,calm down,enough of laughter. That's enough for today. Don't forget to complete those maths I gave you. Now you all can go." I said and they cheered,gathering their things to go out.

As they went out,I also took my bag checking my phone for calls from ammi and went out.

"Assalamualaikum." Sara appi joined me smiling. She is the teacher whom I saw the first day,my senior from college. Very jolly and humble person.

"Walaikumassalam appi. How's your hand now?" I asked her indicating towards her fractured arm. She fell down from a rickshaw last week and got hurt.

"Quite good,though it is very inconvenient to work with left hand." She frowned.

"Yeah,that's true."

"So,I heard a lot of laughter from your class. Do you crack jokes there?"

I narrated her the whole story and she was laughing.

"Their questions can be troublesome sometimes. Though it's nothing,once a student asked me the meaning of period." She said making me chuckle.

"What did you say then?"

"I just gave her a short answer,just a basic. I can't avoid this thing,she needs to know. And we all know,their families won't ever teach them anything until they get it themselves."

"But what can we do,it's like a taboo for them. A shame thing."

"Isn't it so weird? Like,we don't deem the things shameful which really should be. Instead, we deem those things shameful which are not. I don't understand why period is something anyone can't know abiuty until she herself gets it." She frowned.

"That's how our society is. We should be ashamed of wearing short and revealing clothes, of having haram relationships which Allah forbade but no,we have to be ashamed about talking about something which Allah didn't forbid nor his messenger, which is an important part of a womans life. I so want to ask them how they would be in this world if their mothers didn't get it. Or,if they had to suffer from any disease just for the lack of hygiene as they can't talk about this to anyone."