sick

i woke up to the sounds of coughing. amala had been coughing all night and the second i finally got some sleep amala's loud coughing had to wake me up.

"amala maybe you should go to the doctor." i suggested, turning around to look at my girlfriend. "i will not go to the doctor. i don't want them touching all up on me."

i sighed and shook my head. "you're sick. you need to go, that medicine you took obviously isn't working."

she thought for a sec, taking in my words, "no."

i shrugged, deciding that it was too early to argue about something so ridiculous. "fine, but i'm going back to sleep, please try not to wake me up."

-

it was about 12 o'clock in the afternoon and i had just woke up, again. "babyyy," amala groaned from beside me. my tired eyes looked over at her, seeing what she wanted.

"i don't feel so good."

my eyes widened as i saw her snotty nose and purple eye bags. "amala did you get any sleep last night?" i asked her, sitting up.

"no," she frowned. "i was too busy coughing all night."

i looked down, "you sit here baby and i'm gonna go run to the store real quick to buy you some things, okay?"

she just nodded and pulled the covers over her body. i got up and walked into our bathroom getting ready.

when i was done and grabbed my things and headed out the door.

i soon arrived at the store and stormed inside "what would amala possibly want?" i asked myself.

after minutes of thinking i got amala a ginger ale for her stomach, some medicine, and a bag of chips.

"baby i'm home!" i yelled, closing the door behind me. i could hear amala groaning from downstairs so i ran up there, the bags in my hands.

"here you go," i handed her the bags. she smiled weakly, "thanks babe."

"mhm, now i'm gonna go make you some chicken noodle soup."

-

"come on amala!" i groaned, grabbing her arm, trying to pull her up. she tiredly stood up and followed me to the bathroom.

she sat down on the toilet and i quickly undressed her. when i was finished i walked over to the shower, turning it on.

"come on baby, it's extra warm for you. maybe it'll help your headache." i cooed. she got  up slowly and made her way into the shower.

after her shower she got into comfortable clothes and laid down. i stayed by her side the whole time.

we watched netflix together until amala fell asleep. i soon fell asleep as well.

-

"baby wake up," amala shook me. i opened my eyes and looked up at her, my head throbbing. "i feel so much better!" she cheered.

"that's good baby." i coughed.

"oh shit."