witches

this chapter is taken place in the 1600's
( inspired by fear street )

"greetings mrs dlamini!" i smiled politely, adjusting my dress. "why hello dear y/n! what brings you here today?"

"well amala and i have plans for today." i nodded, looking in the crack of the door trying to spot amala.

"oh well i suppose i should call her- amala! your friend y/n wants to see you!"

"coming mother!" i heard my best friend shout. it didn't take long before she ran down the stairs, almost falling on the way down.

she smiled as she saw me, "oh y/n! it's like i haven't seen you in ages!"

i chuckled, "amala we saw each other last week."

she groaned, "but it felt like years."

mrs. dlamini smiled at us, "okay well i suppose you ladies should get going. oh and have amala home by 12 please!"

i nodded, grabbing amala's hand. "yes ma'am!"

then we were off. me and amala began walking away from the little house. amala looked behind us before turning back around, smiling at me.

"amala what are you-"

i gasped as amala smashed me to the barn, placing her lips on mine. i quickly pulled away, scolding her.

"amala you know we can't do this here! i'm sure you're completely aware about what will happen to us if they catch us!"

amala rolled her eyes, "yes but i don't care! i can't keep this a secret anymore y/n it's eating me inside!"

"do you want to die amala?"

she looked down and sighed, "no of course not."

i lifted her chin up, "hey look at me, it'll all be okay. one day we'll be able to tell the whole world about what we have, but the day is just not today."

she gave me a sad smile, "yeah you're right."

-

AMALA

i groaned as i chewed on my pen, i was currently in my last class. y/n was in the class beside mine since we only had four classrooms in our small school.

"today we're going to be talking about the salem witch trials." my teacher, mr. fitzberg said.

"now i know as a teacher i shouldn't give my opinion but personally i believe that the trials are very much needed."

he grinned, "we need those nasty witches out of this forbidden town, i mean we already have enough on our plate with the murders of the fletcher sisters."

i rolled my eyes. he wasn't just talking about witchcraft, he was also talking about homosexual relationships.

this childish town believes that witches are just lesbian sinners.

-

class was finally over. i jumped up as i saw y/n.

"hey y/n!" i ran up to her. she smiled at me and opened her mouth to say something before i cut her off with a kiss.

i quickly pulled away as i heard gasps from other students and teachers.

"witches!" a student yelled making everyone go crazy. y/n gave me the nastiest look.

'why would you do that!' she mouthed to me.

"GET THAT WITCH OUT OF MY SCHOOL!" principle taylor yelled.

two of the teachers from the other classrooms grabbed my arms from behind, dragging me out of the school.

i could hear y/n's faint screams as she ran after me.

Y/N

"AMALA NO!" i yelled, running to catch up with her before getting yanked back into the school.

"you shall not associate with that witch dear
y/n, it violated you how could it do something so cruel." principle taylor whispered, wrapping me in a hug.

"get off me!" i pushed him away before running out the building.

"AMALA!" i screamed, running around the town, looking for my dear friend.

my heart stopped as i heard her screams. it was coming from the tree by the well.

oh shit. they were gonna hang her.

i ran as fast as i could, trying my best to get through the crowd of people getting ready to watch my dear friend be brutally murdered.

i pushed my way into getting in the front of the crowd. "amala!" i shouted on the verge of tears.

"you shall never see the light of tomorrow you nasty witch! how dare you come and poison my town with your disgusting love for my daughter!" my father yelled, wrapping the rope around amala's throat.

amala coughed violently, struggling to breathe. "i knew you were a witch from the start, shame on me for letting you hang around my daughter!"

"father stop!" i shouted, running up to him.

"y/n there's no other way! please go back." my father sighed.

"if you take her you take me too!"

"y/n no!" amala cried out.

"very well then." my father's friend, benjamin shrugged.

he wrapped the second rope around my neck as my father held my hands still. "i'm so sorry my love." my father whispered, a tear falling from his cheek.

i looked over at amala, giving her a sad smile.

"hang the witch! hang the witch! hang the witch! hang the witch!" the crowd chanted.

a tear slipped down amala's cheek, "i'm so sorry y/n. i don't want it to end this way." she whispered, her voice raspy from the amount of air she was losing.

i looked down, "it's not your fault amala. at least we'll finally be together."

she cried, still holding a smile. "together forever."

i grabbed her hand, "and always."