the virus

"THERE HAS BEEN A VIRUS THAT IS AFFECTING AMERICA RIGHT NOW. NO ONE KNOWS WHERE IT CAME FROM BUT ALL WE KNOW IS THAT ITS DEADLY. IT IS REQUIRED TO QUARANTINE FOR NOW TILL WE FIGURE THIS OUT. "

"SYMPTOMS MAY APPEAR 2-14 DAYS AFTER EXPOSURE TO THE VIRUS. PEOPLE WITH THESE SYMPTOMS MAY HAVE COVID 19:"

"COUGHING. SHORTNESS OF BREATH OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING. FATIGUE. MUSCLE OR BODY ACHES. HEADACHE. NEW LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL. SORE THROAT. CONGESTION OR RUNNY NOSE. NAUSEA OR VOMITING. AND DIARRHEA."

"PLEASE REPORT TO THE HOSPITAL IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING SAID SYMPTOMS."

"STAY HOME. WEAR YOUR MASK IN PUBLIC, AND STAY SAFE."

"FOR DAILY UPDATES WATCH BBC NEWS, CHANNEL 6 EVERYDAY AT 6:00."

"THANK YOU, HAVE A GOOD DAY. AND GOOD LUCK."

i had just got back from work when i heard those news on the radio. this is new. i sighed and parked my car at the nearest walmart. as i walked in people were running around.

"god damn what's the rush?" i mumbled to myself. i made my way to the foods and drink aisle, looking for the water bottles. "no more? the fuck?"

the store barely had shit. everyone was buying everything but why? i looked down at my phone and began walking to the back of the store. i wasn't looking at where i was going, my eyes were just on my feet.

"hey watch out!" someone yelled as they bumped into me. i fell on my ass as my phone flew out my hand. "i'm so sorry! you okay?" a hand reached out in front of my face.

i looked up at them and grabbed their hand. "what's your name?" she asked. "y/n. you?"

she smiled, "kali, this is amala." she pointed at her friend. "you okay?" she asked worriedly. "yeah i'm okay." i smiled.

she was hot. "i'm amala." she shook my hand. "i'm y/n, do you guys know what's happening?" i asked them. kali pulled out her phone.

"you see this shit? something about a corona virus. we're supposed to be quarantining so everyone's buying everything they can early since the stores will be closing in a few days."

"oh. what did you guys come here to buy?" i questioned. "snacks, we're throwing a party." amala stared at me. that stare...

"really? during this pandemic?" i raised a brow. "yeah we don't really give a fuck."

"hey what's your number?" amala asked me out of the blue. "here." i gave her my phone. she types away on my phone for a while.

"here you go," she winked.

we talked for a while. then it was time for them to leave. kali gave me a hug first then amala walked closer to me with her arms out.

i gasped silently as she grabbed my ass a little, "i like my women like i like my honey. sweet." she whispered in my ear.

that was a very unexpected gesture but i liked it. i waved goodbye and made my way home.

i don't know what this was but i wanted to tell y'all that i have a few new books coming soon 😩