christmas eve

"cmon y/n it's not that bad." amala reassured, trying to persuade me. "it is that bad amala! i don't even know who she is!" i groaned, starting my car.

amala decided to invite one of her coworkers to spend christmas eve with us since she had no one else to spend it with.

i put my seat belt on, shaking my head. "you're being too nice amala."

she scoffed, "or you're being too rude!" she sighed. "come on y/n, imagine you were in her situation."

i frowned. maybe i was being a little rude, but who would want to spend their christmas with their wife and some random stranger?

i massaged my forehead with my finger tips.
"okay okay fine! only because i know no matter what i say, you'll still find a way to bring her."

"i knew you'd say yes! but you should really head home now before it gets too late, i'll be there soon, i have to go pick up something from the pharmacy." amala said.

"yeah i'm heading there now, see you later amala i love you."

"i love you more."

after the ride

i grab my keys from my pocket and unlock the door, being startled by someone walking past the halls.

"what the fuck!" i whisper-yelled, grabbing my pepper spray from my purse. i then grab the umbrella from its rack and slowly tiptoe down the hall.

i turn the corner, seeing someone bent over, stuffing something into the oven. i slowly make my way toward them, holding the umbrella up high.

before i could swing they stopped me, waving their hands.

"woah woah, easy there! i'm audrey, amala's friend?" she gave me a smile, pushing the umbrella down slowly.

i let out a sigh, putting a hand on my chest. "gosh you scared the living shit out of me! i thought you were an intruder."

i raised my eyebrow, examining her, "how did you even get in here?"

she chewed her lip and looked around. "oh uh amala gave me a key!"

i nod my head and held out my hand, "well i'm y/n, amala's wife."

she gladly took it and shook it gently, "nice to meet you y/n! i've heard so much about you!"

"like what?" i grinned.

audrey paused for a moment before saying, "that you're a great cook!"

i give her a nervous smile, "really? amala must've been really happy that day cause usually she never lets me cook because of how bad i am.

"i'm sure your cooking is amazing." she smiled, leaning on the stove.

you thank her before looking at the stove, "speaking of cooking....whatcha making there?"

she turned around, "oh uh, i'm making a turkey, for y'know, christmas."

"aw thats so sweet, thank you so much."

she nodded her head, "no need to thank me! i should be thanking you guys for letting me stay."

"don't sweat it." i smiled. "well....i'm going to go take a shower now...if you need anything just knock on the door."

she nodded her head.

i made my way up the stairs, smiling to myself. i opened the door to me and amala's room and took my earrings off before looking in my closet for something to wear after my shower.

i grabbed my clothes and entered the bathroom, locking it behind me.

i turned the shower on and began taking my clothes off. i entered the shower and stuck my head under the water, relaxing under the warm water.

a few minutes into my shower, i heard a loud thump. "what was that?" i asked myself, sticking my head through the curtains of the shower.

"maybe audrey dropped something..."

i continued washing my body, singing some random songs.

when i was finished showering, i exited the bathroom to put my clothes on. i put my clothes on then grabbed my slippers, looking out the window to see amala's car.

she's home already?

"amala?" i called loudly, walking down the hall to find my girlfriend.

no answer.

"amalaaaa?" i called again, opening the door of one of the rooms.

still no answer.

i walked further in the room, looking around to see if she was hiding or something. i opened the closet, there was a chance she would be trying to scare me.

nothing.

i closed the closet door, making my way to another room.

"ama- oh my god amala!" i screamed in horror. there amala laid, on the ground of the room, her white shirt covered in blood.

"oh my god!" i quickly made my way to her, sitting on my knees. "baby? please say something!" i called out, taking my shirt off the cover her wounds.

"audrey! audrey! call the police!" i yelled out, not taking my eyes off of amala.

amala was unresponsive, not even looking at me. "amala baby, you're gonna be fine okay? i'm gonna get you help! the ambulance is going to be here and you'll be okay." i sobbed.

"you'll be okay amala please don't leave me." i wiped my tears, my other hand still on her wound.

the sound of footsteps cut me out of my bad thoughts, i turned my direction to the door, seeing audrey standing there, knife in hand with blood smeared all over her face.

"oh my god! what did you do!" i screamed, grabbing amala, and scooting into the bathroom.

audrey didn't answer, making her way towards me slowly. "get away from me or i-". audrey grabbed me by my hair, stabbing me in my stomach.

i screamed in agony, trying my best to fight her off. "somebody help me! please!"

audrey's pov

i stood outside of the door, clutching onto my jacket due to the cold weather. why wasn't anyone opening the door? i see their cars outside....

i sighed and pulled out my phone, dialing amala's number. "hello? amala it's me audrey, i'm outside of your door right now and i see your car outside, mind letting me in?"

the end.