guardian angel

a/n: happy one year anniversary to my book!!!!!! honestly i didn't think it would get this far and i know i say this all the time but i really appreciate you guys and love y'all so much. your comments, your votes, you just being here and reading my stuff means the world to me.

also i just wanna apologize for my lack of writing these past few months my life is just very busy at the moment, and if i forget to write some things like requests and stuff i genuinely apologize

i threw my phone in anger and slammed the door behind me. i saw amala get up and give me a concerned look. "y/n, what's wrong?" she asked me, placing the book she was reading down.

"look!" i grabbed my phone and unlocked it, it revealed (crush's name) with her girlfriend. "i don't get it." she said.

then she gave me a look, "is that (c/n)?"

i groaned and turned my phone off. "yes!" i sat down and ran my hand through my hair, "i always thought that i would end up with her."

amala sat next to me, rubbing my back. "i don't see why you still like her. i mean she doesn't even look at you! why would you want somebody who doesn't even care about your existence? you deserve someone better y/n."

"yeah but i've liked her since we were in middle school, maybe i-"

she cut me off, "there is no maybe. you're amazing and you deserve someone amazing. life is too short for you to be stressing about a girl like her."

you let out a deep sigh and rest your head on her shoulder. maybe she's right. who were you kidding, of course she was right.

amala always knew what to say. maybe it was because she was your guardian angel who was sent down specifically for you, it was like she was your other half.

"i guess you're right amala."

then it got silent. you were only left with the feeing of amala breathing and your thoughts. drowning everything out, you began to think about all the times you attempted to get (c/n) to like you.

amala cut you out of your thoughts, softly calling your name. "hey y/n?"

you turned to her, "yes?"

then she did it. she kissed you.

you were shocked, surprised, all of the above. it was so sudden.

you didn't say anything, only thought about what just happened. words and words flew in your head while amala fiddled with her hands, stumbling over her words.

"oh my god! i-i'm so sorry! i don't know why i did that! i shouldn't have done that. that was so wrong of me. i know it was sudden and i know it was-"

"no amala stop panicking it's okay." you grabbed her hand.

"no it's not! that was wrong! that's not what i was sent here to do. i was sent to keep you safe and make you happy." she bit her lip.

you grabbed her hands and looked up at her, "but i am happy."

"i can't believe i did that. that was so-"

you place your hand on her cheek and rubbed it with your thumb to calm her down. "stop overreacting amala. you're not doing anything wrong. if anything, you're doing everything right. that kiss made me happy."

you gave her a big smile, "see? you're doing your job."

"are you sure?"

"i'm sure."