detention

i sighed as i slammed my books on the desk. i had just gotten a detention slip from my principal for ditching first period.

the only reason why i was mad was because this was my first detention slip i've ever received which now fucked up my reputation.

no ones gonna accept my college application now that they can see i've earned a detention.

class went by slowly, torturing me. as it ended i grabbed my bags and began walking out the room only to be dragged back into the classroom by my teacher.

"what do you think you're doing? you're not dismissed." mrs. mcneil hissed at me. "i have detentio-"

"i know but i have to sign your form so the principal can know you attended." she snatched the piece of paper from my hand and signed it before dismissing me.

"finally.." i mumbled, making my way to the detention room.

i slowly opened the door and entered the room. as expected the room was filled with people who looked like they belonged here.

unlike me.

"oh goodie you're here!" mr. nelson clapped, assigning me to my seat.

i walked over to where he pointed and sat down. my seat was next to a girl that was in my grade. she looked pissed off.

"i've never seen you here before, this must be your first time." she smirked. "what got ya in here?"

i sighed, "i ditched first period."

she cackled hysterically drawing attention to us, "way to go newbie!"

"what got you in here?" i asked, ignoring the eyes on us. "i poured laxative in mr. fitzgerald's coffee, he really pissed me off."

"damn." i muttered. "then i told him to suck my dick which got me two days of detention." she shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

"i'm amala."

"miss dlamini stop talking to her!" mr. nelson snapped. she flicked him off and turned to me. "hey you wanna ditch?" she whispered.

i raised a brow, "how?"

she pulled out a pack of laxatives with a smirk on her face. "i'll distract mr. nelson while you pour these in his drink, he'll run to the bathroom then that's our cue to dip."

"do you think it'll work?" i asked worriedly. "it always works." she answered confidently.

"w-wait you've don't this be-"

"times running out we don't have all day! hurry!" she whispered before stomping her feet on the ground repeatedly, gaining mr. nelson's attention.

as he walked over to her i got up from my seat and walked over to his desk, pouring the white powder in his water bottle.

"are you crazy?!" he yelled at amala. i walked back to my seat and gave amala a look. she seemed to understand what i was thinking and stopped stomping.

mr. nelson let out a huff before walking back to his seat. "i'm too old for this." he sighed, taking a sip from his water bottle.

me and amala watched in amusement as he held him stomach and got up. "excuse me." he said before walking out the room.

"come on!" amala whispered, pointing to the window. "we won't get hurt, we're on the first floor." she opened it, waiting for me.

we both exited the building and ran to the parking lot. "which ones yours?" i asked. "this one." she pointed at a black car.

we both got in and buckled our seat belts. "uh where are we going?" i asked. "away from this shitty place, but don't worry we'll come back." she smiled.

"i never got your name."

"it's y/n."

"cute name." she teased.