elevator

"the dinner was amazing thank you for taking me out tonight amala." i smiled, wrapping my arms around amala's waist.

she returned the hug, giving me a smile. "no need to thank me babe. i love spoiling you."

we got in the elevator, amala pressing the button. i sighed and leaned on the wall, waiting patiently.

a few seconds had passed and nothing happened.

"the hell?" amala whispered under her breath, pressing the button multiple times.

"hey what's happening?" i asked, looking over her shoulder.

"the thing isn't working an- look! the red lights on the buttons turned off!"

i raised a brow, "maybe it's broken. i'll call for help."

i pulled my phone out, dialing the police.

"what the hell? there's no reception!"

amala grunted, "maybe those little freaks we saw earlier are trying to pull a prank on us! those homophobic assholes!"

i placed a hand on her shoulder, calming her down, "hey amala it's okay, we'll be fine."

she nodded and gave me a smile. we both stood there, thinking about what we should do.

suddenly the doors bursted open. "oh my god it opened!" she exclaimed walking out of the elevator.

her smile was quickly wiped off her face as she took note in the area we were currently in.

there stood a long hallway, giving me the chills as i wondered why we were here.

"a-amala where the hell are the doors?" i asked, frightened.

"i don't know babe, but stay behind me." she wrapped her arm around me.

"i'm scared amala." i told her, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. "hey baby it's alright i-"

then the phone rang. amala quickly ran to it, snatching it from the place it was standing in.

she pulled it to her ear.

i stood beside her, hearing: "jonathan you were supposed to be home by 10, it's 2 am in the fucking morning! where are you?!"

"m-miss! we're not jonathan! but we need your help! we don't know where we are or where to go!" amala explained.

"jonathan is that you? quit toying around and get your ass home!"

"miss i-"

then the woman hung up, making amala cuss in frustration.

"h-hey amala.. what the fuck is that thing?"