please hurry (part two)

amala
soon the ambulance came. they took me into the truck so i wouldn't have to watch them get
y/n's body from the balcony.

"please can she still be alive i'm begging you god." i prayed. i wasn't the type of person to pray but i was desperate.

"you doing okay?" the driver asked me, giving me a sympathetic look.

i wiped my tears, nodding, "yeah, i'm fine."

"you don't have to lie. i know how you feel though. my wife did the same thing 7 years ago."

i looked up at him, "how did you handle it?"

he looked down, "i felt like doing the same thing. but then i remembered that i would just pass the pain on to my son and i started getting into therapy. you'll get through it kid. plus we're not ever sure that she's actually dead. this has happened numerous of times and most of the time they survived. it just depends on how long it's been before they did it."

"i guess you're right." i gave him a small smile.

-

the voice of one of the nurses woke me up from my slumber.

"miss dlamini i think you need to see this."

i got up in a hurry. was she dead?

i quickly followed the nurse. she opened the door for me.

there y/n was, sitting up, alive.

"y/n! oh my god!" i shouted, running over to her. i wrapped her into a hug, squeezing her tightly.

she coughed violently, "amala! i can't breathe!"

i pulled away, apologizing quickly.

"sorry sorry!"

the nurse smiled, "she's one lucky girl. and you made it just in time. if she had been hanging from that balcony for another minute she wouldn't be here right now."

"thank you so much miss." i shook her hand. she nodded. "i'll leave you two alone now. press the button if you need anything."

then she left.

i looked over at y/n, seeing that she was laying down now.

"we need to talk about what happened y/n.." i whispered.

i continued, "the text. what ha-"

"i'm sorry amala." she cut me off.

"huh?"

"i said i'm sorry. i just really missed you and after we broke up i felt so depressed. the day i told you i couldn't live without you, i meant it." she mumbled.

"and i'm sorry for being such a dick after we broke up. i should've at least checked on you." i told her.

y/n shook her head, "n-no don't apologize. there's no need to. it wasn't your fault."

"i love you y/n, so fucking much." i smiled.

she gave me a small smile, "i love you too amala."

i pulled her face close to mine and kissed her. she jumped up but kissed me back eventually. she wrapped her arms around my neck.

our lips moved in sync. nothing else mattered but her. i don't know what i'd do without her.

we pulled away, our foreheads leaning on one another. we were now face to face, breathing heavily.

"please don't ever leave me like that again." i whispered.