Hand Holding (Levi x Reader)

The Corporal sat down in the mess hall, drinking his tea in the early morning. Though morning to him was around 3 am due to his insomnia. He drank his tea and contemplated on what to do today since Commander Erwin gave today a free day, much to the cadets' delight. He sighed, leaning back against the wall, his eyes closed to rest for a while. That was until he heard the doors of the mess hall creak open. Immediately opening his eyes, he snapped his attention to the owner of the footsteps. There you stood, lazily walking through the mess hall to make yourself some tea in your scouts uniform since you were too lazy to take them off.

Yawning, you made your way to the kitchen, though some movement had caught your eye. You turned to see your Corporal looking at you, seemingly in a daze as to why you're up so early.

"Oh! Sir, I was going to make myself some tea" you said, making your way towards him. He placed his teacup down, emitting a small clink.

"Unfortunately, there's no more tea leaves" he said, you frowned, you loved tea as much as your stoic Corporal does.

"That's a shame..." turning around to get yourself a glass of water instead. As you were going to make your way to the kitchen, Levi spoke up.

"Would you..." he looked away for a moment, "...like to accompany me to the city?" he asked, hoping you'd accept his offer.

"For what sir?" you inquired.

"To purchase some tea leaves, that is...if you want to," you thought for a moment, thinking why not spend some time with your favorite Corporal? You nodded, much to Levi's delight.

"I'd love to! Wake me up around 7 or so, I'll be heading back to sleep. Night sir!" you called, walking out of the mess hall. Levi sat there, a small smile gracing his lips, now knowing what to do for the day. Which was spending some delightful time with the woman he has started to grow feelings for.

Timeskip
You were wrapped in the comfiest of blankets and sleeping in the most comfortable position too. You slept peacefully until you suddenly heard two knocks on your door before a voice called out.

"(Y/N), it's 7 am, would you still like to come?" he asked, you told him to come in.

"Yes sir, I'll be ready in a minute," you say as you rose up from your bed.

"No need for the formalities," he said, turning around to leave. 'No need for the formalities huh?' you thought.

After you finished cleaning yourself up, you wore the Survey Corps cape, the symbol of freedom. You were proud to be a part of the people who dedicate their lives to humanity, hence why you've trained yourself and proven yourself worthy of Levi's squad. Now being in his squad for over three years, you've gotten closer to your Corporal. Though, you still referred to him with formalities, thinking he'd prefer it that way. For Levi, he liked the sound of your name, the way it rolled out of his lips made him feel as though he were close to you. So while you referred to him formally, he'd refer to you by your first name, which would make your heart beat a little faster every time.

You made your way towards the entrance of the building, there, leaning against the stoned wall was Levi. His bangs covered his eyes before he looked up and noticed you approaching.

"Ready to go?" he asked, you nodded and walked alongside him through the city.

Markets were brimmed with rich food, only affordable for the wealthy. Jewelry displayed upon silky velveted cloths that shone like the sun and shops that sold herbs lined the pathway. Walking alongside Levi, it felt comfortable, to walk around without the constant fear that something bad would happen. But for such a normal day, things could go wrong.