Petals (Levi x Reader)

"These are very lovely flowers Levi" you complimented once you entered his office. "I didn't take you for a flower type" chuckling, you added, "the more I know."

He halted in his steps and turned around to meet your eyes; for just a brief moment looking into yours, a solemn yet calm look before looking away and returning back to his seat. He sat down on his chair, his back rested comfortably on the cushion behind him. Then, he propped his elbow on his desk and interlocked his fingers together. "And?" he voiced.

"What? The more I know about you I suppose" you hummed. You gently caressed each petal, admiring the beauty of the living thing. It certainly differed from his unusually dark and grim-looking office. So this was a very pleasant touch, not to mention it being the only thing that looked full of color. "A rose, a tulip, an orchid...you sure have a unique display" you smiled once you finished admiring the vase of flowers.

Levi, who was silently admiring you as discreetly as he could, snapped out of his thoughts and nodded. "I suppose so...now, what did you need me for? It's quite late" he raised a brow.

You brought a hand to your nape, rubbing it nervously. "Well, I uh...I was wondering if you'd be willing to go to tomorrow's evening event with me?"

His face was stoic, rendering you unable to determine what his current emotion was- it tormented you. It took a lot of courage to ask him to come with you, no less to a place that he most likely wouldn't like to be around. You simply wanted to spend some time with him, but as he continued to look at you with no sound of an answer, you slurred out, "you don't-"

"I'll go" he answered.

"You will?" you inquired, as though you were shocked that he had agreed.

He clicked his tongue. "Need I repeat myself? Set a time and I'll pick you up from your corridor." Despite his expression, his voice had a hint of softness to it, almost excited that you offered your very own time to spend it willingly with him. It spurred his heart at the moment with a sense of unexplainable joy.

Smiling warmly, and overcome with joy, you hastily walked up to him and embraced him. You fell to your knees, embracing his body and wrapping your arms around him as though you were seemingly trying to plead with him about something. Levi was baffled and confused rather than that of being repulsed, something he thought he'd feel if anyone hugged him. Hanji for one attempted it once, but that only resulted in him throwing her over his shoulder. But for you...it seemed different.

Relinquishing in this newfound sensation, he wrapped his arms that were once in the air around your body, nestling his face in your hair. He closed his eyes, breathing calmly and within your arms, he felt at ease, in paradise. It wasn't long before the hug lasted for almost a minute that you decided to pull away, wanting to get ready for the early training tomorrow with your cadets. However, when you wanted to pull away, Levi didn't seem to budge.

"Levi?" your gentle voice reached his ears, earning a hum from him. "Can you let me go?" Realizing what he was doing, something very, very out of character for him, he immediately let go and lifted his arm, using his closed hand and placing it over his lips. His attempt to suppress a smile was futile, yet you didn't seem to notice it due to how you were just about to close his door. Right before you left, you said to him, "goodnight Levi, thank you for coming along with me" and with that, you left, closing the door before you.

He stared at the door for a little while, reminiscing about that hug before looking at the vase. He stood and walked up to it, furrowing his brows at the noticeable aging of them. He quickly left to retrieve back a cup of water, providing the flowers with some water. He stood back and admired them just as you did. For what reason did he have a vase of flowers? They were meant for you.