Little Christmas (Birthday Levi x Reader)

Author's Note: Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Birthday to Levi Ackerman, the man who deserves love, patience, and smothers of more love. This man honestly deserves an endless supply of love.

Levi woke up early in the morning as he always does. Not much can be helped since he was an insomniac after all. Blinking a few times, his eyes adjusted themselves before he began to get ready to report to Erwin's office a few hours later.

Once he arrived at the Commander's office, he knocked on it. "Come in," Erwin said. Levi entered, closing the door behind him and saluting to the Commander. "Thank you for arriving on time, as usual, Levi" he complimented.

Levi furrowed his brows lightly, a little confused by the compliment, but nonetheless, nodded. "What do you need? I got things to do" he asked.

Erwin chuckled lowly and requested that Levi sit in one of the chairs in front of him. Levi did so, and once he sat down, Erwin began. "Well, as you know, I have heard recently that your birthday's today, so, you get this day off" he pushed an envelope across the desk. "Here's your check, it's not much really, but I did add a little more per a certain someone's request. I won't mention their name though."

Levi was baffled, quite honestly as he had never mentioned his birthday to anyone, but to one person. It wasn't that he hated the fact that the Commander knew, or if others knew, he simply found no joy in celebrating his birthday. Why would anyone bother to celebrate his birthday? Didn't people see him as Humanity's Strongest Soldier? Simply as the name implies, no one would care for his birthday- just his strength was what they praised.

Erwin's eyes watched as Levi's face held a sort of hesitation to the envelope, but as Levi had thought that Erwin was about to take the envelope away, instead, he had stood up and lightly patted Levi on the shoulder. "Spend today however you wish, be it to clean, to spend it with your comrades, or spend it on yourself. You deserve it as much as we all do, if not more" his voice was gentle, calm even.

Levi nodded to the Commander and slipped the envelope into his coat. He stood up and left the room, passing Erwin as he looked out the window. Before leaving, Erwin heard a faint, "thank you" making him brief a small smile.

He looked out the window, noticing you quickly running back to the building, taking your hood off. "Mhm, seems as though she's done with the first part of the plan" he mumbled. Then, he turned around, returning back to his desk and resuming his paperwork. The Commander himself hoped that the plan you had requested to him, many months prior, worked well in your favor, after all, it was all for the man you loved.

-----

Levi took the envelope out, gently tearing the flap to see just how much was inside. Once his eyes looked inside, his breath immediately hitched at the money within. He looked back in the direction of Erwin's office, and returning his face back to the envelope, he gulped. Just who had requested that he got a little extra money? This amount, one Levi's never held before, not even during his time in the Undergrounds, was astonishing. Snapping himself out of these thoughts, he closed the envelope, and by this time, everyone was up.

Levi thought that since he had the day off now, he could spend some time with you. You were his closest friend, someone he trusted immensely, even letting you cut his hair at times. You often expressed certain gestures for him that he wasn't too fond of, not that he hated when you did it, he simply didn't understand why you'd do it for him. Cleaning the stables when no one wanted to, preparing him his tea when he was stressed with his paperwork, massaging his shoulders to help relax his muscles, even staying up late for him, despite his insistence that you slept...he can't help but wonder why you'd do it for him of all people. The more he thought of all the things you did for him, it didn't take long before his heart swelled and beated quicker whenever you were around.