More Than Your Title (Injured!Levi x Reader)

Author's Note: Dedicated to a lovely reader of mine, @Miaplayzgamez. Happy Belated Birthday! <3

You rubbed your temple, and grazed the pad of your fingers above your eyelids, pressing them gently. The pressure was sufficient enough to keep you awake, but not enough to encourage you to finish the damn paperwork littered across your desk. They were like mountains of snow, all needed to be completed in a day's time. 

What was Erwin thinking? You thought. Shitting all his work on you?

You had more pressing matters to worry about, that of the constant threat of titans breaching the walls, the rumors of a titan-shifting boy, the rising tension of the towns-folks, but among them was Levi... of his return.

Sighing, you didn't want to dwell on the matter and chose to resume your work when you heard a knock on your door.

Your heart quickened at the immediate thought of something you knew was hopeless. "State your name and business" you ordered dryly.

"Your dearest friend, Hanji~"

A part of you was disappointed, but you were glad to hear that she was safe in one piece. "Come in" you replied, permitting her to enter. "What seems to be the problem? You're usually here when you're in need of something from me."

She rubbed the nape of her neck, chuckling nervously. "Yes, well...that's usually the case but today's different."

You quirked a brow, your interest piqued. "How so? Go on, tell me."

"I need you to take care of Levi." She could tell the sudden tension in your shoulders and the heaviness that had settled into the room, but she continued. "He's been wounded...quite severely, and I've got my hands full for the day."

"I-I can't" you said, gulping. You knew what she was asking, but you had too much work, too much. And you knew you'd be getting more by the afternoon, but... Levi... "I'll do it."

Hanji smirked, as if she knew no matter the circumstance, you'd agree to anything when it concerned the shortie.

"I knew I could count on you! After all, what better way to spend some time with your crush than when he's sick, mhm?" She teased, wiggling her brows playfully. "All his attention will be on you when he asks for your care- oh!...I wonder if he'll ask you for some kisses to make him-"

"Hanji!" You shouted, a little too loudly for your liking that your eyes widened. You pulled yourself back, having realized not only were you standing up, but your body language was giving it all away. "Just- just get out of here" you said, flustered.

The scientist decided to tease you for a little while longer, then when she decided that you were just the right shade of pink, she said goodbye. With a skip in her step and a flustered Captain, she raised her hand and patted herself on the back for a job well done.

Leaning your head back against your chair, you closed your eyes before forcing yourself off, organizing your papers into two. Then, you left your office, making your trek to the mahoganny door you've found yourself in front of.

The sight of it had filled you with a sudden surge of memories racing in your mind, linking the past and the present together. Of times different, of times meant to be remembered, the soul inhabited behind the wooden material brought nothing less than your heart to flutter- like a butterfly in spring.

Taking a deep breath, as if you've lost it the moment you knew you were going to see him, you lifted your hand and knocked.

You heard the slight shifting of his blankets, the slight sound of his groan and irritated voice.