If This Is Love (Levi x Reader)

Levi was walking down the hallways of headquarters, just basking in the rays of sunlight that filtered through the windows. He would never admit it, but he loved the feeling, like a gentle reassurance to his skin that he was going to be alright if the sun was up, and if not, the moon would give him light to fend the darkness away.

But if the moon failed to do his job, Levi knew that there was someone he could count on, and that was you. While he didn't want to rely on you, of fear that his attachment would lead him to all the worst ways possible, now that you've been friends for well over half a decade, he was reassured that you were here to stay. And when you were off on a solo mission, you would return to him - and that was what he loved most about you.

You'd come back, smiling that warm smile.

He stopped for a moment after he rounded a corner, running a hand through his hair. "Tch, I really need to get her out of my mind" he grumbled, feeling the soles of his foot stuck to the ground.

There was a stiffness to his posture now, a nervous trembling feeling that went along his toes, traveling up his legs, along his arms, pooling into one spot. He couldn't describe it, he felt this way whenever the thought of you made him so new, so...different.

He wouldn't welcome it though, unsure of what to make of such things. Letting out a sigh, he decided to head towards your office to ask if you'd like to have tea with him - not like it was an excuse to see you- and simply chat.

His heart thumped in his chest, as if proud to have made the simple courage to believe in his ability to ask. It was an unaccustomed thing for him to do, but he's gradually grown to do it because of you.

Your office was just a few doors down the kitchen, it was separate from the mess hall's, and usually where the more lucrative items were kept like milk, eggs, and other expensive goods.

Now that he was just about going to pass it, he figured making some of that tea wouldn't hurt. So, he entered the kitchen and noticed that you weren't in your office but here.

You adorned an apron, tied around your waist with your sleeves rolled up to your elbows. The tapping of your boots along the stone floor echoed throughout the room, while also being so faint and quiet.

He noticed you were making something, evident from your dirty apron, tied up hair, and of course, the ingredients that laid along the kitchen counter in arm's reach.

He soon came into view, and you noticed him. "Levi!" You smiled, dusting your hands on your apron before approaching him. "You're just in time!" Quickly, you took his hand, bringing him along to a batch of freshly made chocolate. "I need you to try one and let me know how it tastes."

The feeling of your hand in his consumed his mind. He felt that stiff feeling again, that trembling feeling. It didn't hurt, it just made him confused and above all else, gave him a desire to see you more...feel you more.

Looking at the chocolate, he took a piece and ate it. You were beside him, waiting anxiously for his critic.

"It's bitter" he commented, still gulping it all down in hopes of masking the fact that in reality, it was way worse than anything he's ever had.

You furrowed your brows, a heavy heart replacing your lighter one as you had worked tirelessly since the early morning, hoping to make some chocolate for your cadets, Hanji, Erwin, and him. But by this point, after five batches and the results coming out as nothing more than a lost cause, you wanted to give up.

You untied your apron, setting it on the table. "I'm never going to be able to make some decent chocolate before noon. I'm sorry you had to eat that" you apologized, looking up into his eyes.