Beautiful As the Day (Levi x Reader)

Author's Note: Inspired by @escapism.writing on Tik Tok.

"I don't think I can hold on for much longer," you rasped, clutching your wound. You were cut on the abdomen due to a fractured blade, rendering you unable to stand up for much longer.

Levi too had severe injuries; his muscles were torn with practically no energy left to clutch onto his blades. He cursed under his breath, breathing heavily with you by his side as titans continued to consume your squad. In no time would they come towards the two of you, consuming you both until nothing was left but the remnants of the failed expedition.

You grunted, sitting a little more upright before lifting your hand away. Your eyes landed on your bloodied palm, frowning that this may be the end. Eyes landing on Levi's as he looked at your wound, you see them cast downwards and his brows furrowed. "Hey," you say, weakly lifting a hand up to his face. "You're not at fault, it's alright."

"But I should've saved you, I wasn't strong enough to even save you from a blade," he said, his voice trembling. "And now, titans are swarming in on us, and I can't do anything about it."

It pained you because it was true. Out of gas, out of energy, almost out of the will to even fight anymore, there was practically no point left in living. Suddenly, there was a warmth present on one side of your face. You turned to see the sun setting, its warm rays casting its light on you before it slowly died away. It felt saddening almost, this would be your last moment of ever feeling that warmth.

Levi thought the same, but he had something to do before losing the last of his breath and so... "(Y/N)" His voice made you turn your head, dreary eyes were on him as he slowly brought a hand to your face. Despite the blood that trickled down your skin, it didn't matter to him at that moment. "If this is the last time we see each other, if we are to be reborn...will you make me your husband?"

Your eyes widened by his words, truly as he's never mentioned marriage in the years you two have been together for. Nodding, you smiled a pained smile, leaning in to kiss his trembling lips. His lips ran cold with a hint of salt, his tears slipped through his eyes as he could no longer contain his emotions. He's losing you, but he truly hoped that one day, you'd meet each other once again.

Pulling away, you held his face, grazing your thumb over his soaked skin. "Without a doubt, if you'll have me, I'll definitely make you happy," you said through a choked sob.

Smiling, his tears never ceased, but you knew, that even as the titan's hand was above him...you'd see him again one day, and when it came, he'd be yours, your most beloved.

-----

It was strange, you felt like you saw those eyes that shined a pure grey color before, but you've never been able to put a finger to where. It irritated you because you truly felt as though you've met him, that raven-haired man as he sat idly in his seat, sipping away in his chair. It was common for him to sit with you, after all, ever since you entered into the shop as you usually do on a daily basis, he's sat there with you, looking at you from time to time before looking away. It never felt strange, it felt comforting for a reason you never knew why.

Sighing, you sipped your tea, reading the book in hand when finally, it clicked. Sitting at that table, sipping your tea for what could've been the thousandth time, you remembered. Your lips parted and hung open and your breathing became rigid. All this time...your eyes met his and for the first time, you saw the memories that lay behind them.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, a worried look written on his face.

He had known ever since he saw you that it was you, the woman he loved in his past life. He didn't want to suddenly enter into your life, in fear that his presence would frighten you if you never remembered him, or have yet to. So, he decided to sit in front of you as you sip away at your tea, admiring the women he loved dearly- hoping that one day, as he remembered you, you remembered him. And you did.

"I remember," you said, a voice barely above a whisper. His eyes go wide and a smile breaks onto his face. A breath was taken away from you, and that smile, you knew that smile, it was his. "I remember you- us" you repeated with a shaky laugh.

He looked at you, grinning like a fool, and the next thing you knew, his lips were on yours. His hands cupped your face delicately, gently as though he feared to lose you as he had before. Your shaky hands ran through his hair, savoring this moment, having doubted the afterlife was possible yet here you were with him.

Pulling away, you saw his tear-filled eyes as a smile breaks along his face. Your cheeks flared, unable to understand how such a handsome man was yours. He grazed his thumb over your skin, wiping the corners of your eyes. "You're as beautiful as the day I lost you."

"Levi..." hearing those words, you sobbed even more. He pulled you close, kissing the corners of your eyes, whispering I love yous in your ear until those words passed his lips, your eyes widened. "W-what did you say?"

He looked at you before saying it once again. "Will you make me your husband? In this life, I'll cherish you, love you, protect you...will you marry me?"

No longer able to contain your emotions, you nodded and pulled him into an embrace, chanting yes' to him. And though you knew this scene would have been random to those around you, it didn't matter to you nor to Levi because at this moment, you have found your lover, in this life...no longer within the cruel world you both had lived in.