Walk Together (Levi x Immortal!Reader)

In a world where man-eating beasts roamed the land, petrifying and massacring the humanity we know of, it's no wonder that the supernatural, or rather the unlikely, is possible.

Some people roam the land, blending themselves in as mortals when really, they're immortals, living their lives interacting as much as they can avoid. Fearing the dread of falling in love and watching their loved ones die bit by bit as they watch the world collapse. There were immortals that were chosen ones who could do as they please on the world - whether they decided to aid the pitiful humans or spite them and kill them, it depended on those who were chosen.

You were chosen due to how much you loved humanity. Watching over how much they've endured, you've pitied that each one of them died in vain. Never allowing themselves to see the light of day again. You watch as their souls float into the world above them or even below. But, there was another world besides what we know as Heaven and Hell...

Fumetsu

It was a world where immortals lived, awaiting when they would be chosen and even sometimes, a mortal could be given the chance to live among them. But it always comes with a price to pay, which was giving up their immortal status and live as a mortal with the person they've chosen.

It was neither Heaven nor Hell - mostly of a place for immortals and used to be mortals that have passed live in.

You were currently preparing to set foot upon the edge that lead to the realm in which these beasts live, with the intention to live among the people and to aid them in restoring humanity. However, you mustn't tell others of your immortality, or you'd be punished by returning back to Fumetsu earlier than you wanted, mostly around half of what you wanted.

"The view is beautiful from up here" you spoke with admiration, looking down upon the world. You breathed in the air of Fumetsu, closing your eyes before being tapped on the shoulder. You opened your eyes and laid upon her. She was a slim woman with light-colored eyes and long dark hair that reached her back. She was a close friend of your father, and ever since her passing, your father chose to have her live in the world of Fumetsu. She smiled at you.

"Be safe out there" she said, looking down upon the undesirable world in which her son lived. She hoped that one day she'd reunite with him, at the very least after she died in the Underground. 

"I'm sure you'll see him again" you said, turning your gaze to look at the woman. She had a sad look in her eye.

"I miss him, I hope he's doing better out there" she said, eyes brimming with tears at the thought of having left her son. Having left him alone as he was starved and filthy, with his back laid against the wall of their bedroom when she passed. You wrapped your arms around her before pulling her close. Knowing how hard it must be, not to be able to see the things that happen in the human world, only available to the immortals.

"I'll look over him, I'll protect him for you Kuchel" feeling her relax in your arms, you stayed there for a while before releasing yourself from her, preparing to descend upon the world you'll be living in for the time being.

"Thank you" she smiled, wiping her tears before leaving you be to return back to the home the two of you shared by a lake, and a meadow of flowers that extended endlessly. Thus, you took a breath before you took a step, feeling the world around you dissolve away until everything went black.

Timeskip
You've stayed within the world for the past two years, getting acquainted with Erwin and befriending many people of the Survey Corps - especially that of Section Commander Hanji Zoe, and Lance Corporal Levi Ackerman. Ever since being introduced to the two, you've grown close to Hanji, being fairly interested in her research and listening to her rantings of titans. It intrigued you, fairly so with her theories and entries of the matter of these titans. It never bored you, much to Hanji's joy.