What A Work Of Art (Levi x Artist!Reader)

Author's Note: Requested by the most wonderful reader, @lmissvine2o <3

You sat by the window, the sun shined brightly on your paper to give you the right amount of light to move your hand accordingly. Stroke after stroke, you paused every so often to peer over your sketchpad and see your work of reference- and every so often, you would take the time to admire everything about his eyes, his lips, the way he rested his hand over his chest, his tired gaze while speaking to Erwin...for someone as aloof as he was and indifferent towards others, he had a special place in your heart.

Levi was currently in a meeting with Erwin, discussing the next expedition that would take place in five days. Immersed in the conversation, he would listen to what his Commander was speaking before his eyes would gradually inch their way toward the window. There, his breath would be taken away for the thousandth time. The glow of your skin by the light of the sun made you seem wholly, something he's never known before from his time Underground. But oh to see this if he had the chance then...he would simply watch the sun die as long as it took to see you there with him.

Erwin had taken notice of Levi's absence in his conversation, looking at where his grey eyes had been directed before realizing it was you. Smiling to himself, he cleared his throat to get the "in love" Corporal out of his trance. "Ahem."

Snapping abruptly back to reality, Levi blinked a few times and looked at the blond man. "Tch, what?" He responded hastily in reaction to the smile Erwin had on his face.

He gave a low chuckle, amused at the same time. "Seems you've been distracted again for the fourth time this week." He mused. "I wonder why that is?"

The beating of his heart became apparent when he lost control of his breathing and attempted to mask his visible reaction. However, it was futile with the observant Commander. In the end, he only furrowed his brow and with a light redness to his normally pale complexion, spoke with a hesitance like no other. "Tch, whatever." Or so Erwin had thought he would, only thing that was accurate to his assumption were those light hues on his cheeks.

Laughing lowly, he looked back at his mountain of papers and map in front of him. "Very well, we'll need to wrap this up in about tan minutes." Suddenly, he gazed at Levi. "You will listen this time? Yes?" And gave him a cheeky grin to accompany it.

Grumbling, he glanced at you for one last time, hoping he would be able to see you again and begrudgingly, looked away to focus on his meeting. Of course, this went noticed by Erwin, however, he decided not to comment on it, it'll only further embarrass his raven haired Corporal.

You were adding your finishing touches to your work when you felt a presence by your side. "What do you have there?" The deep voice spoke.

Startled you covered it by pressing it against your chest, and looked up at the perpetrator. "Oh! Erwin, I didn't know it was you."

"And if it wasn't? Would you have hidden that drawing again?" He asked.

Hitching your breath, your eyes widened as he looked directly at your sketchpad. "I-I...I would...yes." You answered, deciding to share your art with him. His eyes gazed over the content and was amazed by your skill. The strokes were on point and the shading was just perfection. "I've uhm, only been able to draw from his chest up since, I didn't want to get caught or have him catching me drawing him."

Why did you feel the need to share it? Was it his power that frightened you or the desire to share your passion for the art and the love filled heart you had for the Corporal?

Erwin responded with something you had least expected; he patted your head, almost in reassurance. "There's nothing to fear, I can see that you love him."