A Week (Levi x Reader)

Requested by @eglecerv

Food was never Levi's forte, nor was it his specialty, having been less educated compared to others. As a solution, he asked your friends for help on making your favorite foods for a picnic he's been planning. He thought that this would be a perfect way to spend some time with you due to all the stress he's been getting with training lazy cadets and dealing with a shit load of paperwork, courtesy of Erwin.

He spent the time he could after finishing most of his paperwork to surprise you with the picnic. Some food looked worse than the others, some being burnt, some being brown and a weird color. But despite the appearance, he hoped that you still liked it. He really wanted to make you see that he's trying to be the best partner he could be, and show you how much he appreciates you for being in his life. So he looked forward to this day, and that day was now.

"(Y/N)?" Levi called out, he knocked on your bedroom door for a few minutes until he heard your voice.

"Oh! Levi!" you said, though he could tell your voice was in a panic state. He heard quick footsteps and a drawer or door of some sort closing. You quickly opened the door and your whole character looked off. Your hair was disheveled, your eyes gave a tired look, much like his and he didn't like that. He cared more about you than himself, and you worry about him because of that.

"Come in!" you quickly said, nervously opening the door for him to enter. He entered your bedroom and the place looked fairly clean, albeit it was only you that looked out of place. He brushed it off, thinking it was the training or some other stuff you're dealing with. He'll ask you about it when you're ready, but for now, it was time to ask you about the day he's been long waiting for. He sat down on your bed, gesturing for you to sit by him. When you did, he wrapped his arms around your waist and brought you on his lap, burrowing his face in your neck to feel that bit of warmth that radiated off from it. He hummed, loving your presence and the feeling that he's being loved. You smiled at him.

"Good morning Levi" you kissed his cheeks, then bringing a hand up, you caressed his face while your other held his hand that rested on your stomach. "How are you today love?"

"I'm doing well now that you're here" his words melted your heart, loving every moment you had with him. But you can't, you had to leave.

"Levi...I need to go" he leaned back to look at you.

"Why? Is something wrong?" he asked, worried that he might've done something wrong. You shook your head.

"No, I just need to do something really important" you answered.

"Oh...well I hope it goes well" he said, biding you farewell. As you were about to get up, he gently took hold of your wrist. "(Y-y/N)" he said, nervous as this would be the first time in two years that he's ever doing this. As most times it would be you who would plan things for the two of you to do, he figured that this time he would try because he was finally loving himself due to your encouragement that he's worth the wait and the love. "W-would you like...to go have a picnic with me?" he nervously asked, looking lovingly into your eyes.

"When would we have to go?" you asked hesitantly, he didn't take notice as his eyes shone with hope, excited to hear that you said yes, well his interpretation to what you said.

"It'll be around midday, so around lunchtime" he responded with a smile slowly gracing his face. Yet the look you gave wasn't what he expected. You couldn't go, you had to see someone, you wanted to leave Levi to go to them. You looked sadly at him as he looked like he was planning the whole thing out just for you.

"Levi...I can't" you said sadly. His eyes dropped, he frowned a little but played it off that maybe you were just busy.

"O-oh" he looked away for a moment before he stood, wrapping you in a hug before leaving your bedroom for you to get ready. "I'll see you at the mess hall for dinner then?" he inquired, you nodded.