Safe With Me (Levi x Abused!Reader)

Author's Note: This story contains mentions of physical abuse! If you've ever been affected by this, whether it be from your spouse, family, or anyone, just know that there are people who love you! And it goes for males as well, as females are primarily targeted, males are just as much as victims of abuse as women are. So to those who are suffering from it, you are strong! More than you think you are and you're loved! Stay strong for yourself, don't let them ruin your life, and you're never at fault.

I heavily apologize if I have worded or said anything that may trigger or harm you in any way. If I do, don't hesitate to let me know! I'll always strive to make those who read my stories feel comfortable.

Requested by @Alex_Ackerman_AOT

The mess hall was being its usual rowdy environment, with cadets hollering and complaining all over the place. Most were idly sitting down content with eating in peace, but there were some that adored to disrupt others. And those were your fellow comrades that you have no relations to, but are quite acquainted with.

"Do they always have to be this rowdy?" you asked, leaning your cheek close to the palm of your hand.

Levi took a quick glance at you before looking at the cadets. "Tch, let them fall off the damn tables."

You chuckled at his words, finding his humor quite entertaining but since he was the Corporal, it was his job to set the people in place. "You should keep them in check, you are their Corporal after all" you reminded him.

He scoffed, unbothered by your suggestion. Quite frankly, he hoped that they fell. It was better to have them embarrass themselves if anything. Sighing, he held his teacup in a peculiar way and took a sip, muttering, "let them embarrass themselves. The'll piss their pants from the people laughing at them."

Absentmindedly, you took your hand away, exposing your face to the very man you didn't want to show it to. "Right, but you wouldn't have a good reputation if that happens" you advised. "Commander would like to know that you take care of the cadets instead of simply drinking your tea."

Levi's lips parted in astonishment as he stared at what was on your face. A huge bruise was located on your cheek, and as he cast his eyes downwards...there were more on your neck, many more severe than the previous ones. Furrowing his brows, he scooted closer to you, stating "who...how did this happen (Y/N)?" His voice was gentle.

You took a glance at Levi, and immediately realizing your mistake, you lifted up the collar of your Survey Crops jacket and placed your hand over your cheek. You began to sweat, dancing your eyes away from meeting his eyes. "It's nothing to worry about" you slurred. "I just slipped and fell down the stairs."

Levi called bullshit on that one. You couldn't have gotten such a bruise that big when you fell down the stairs unless it was multiple times. And even if it were possible, your behavior was enough to tell him that you were lying. Not only that, he watched as your eyes danced from around the room. Curiously, his eyes followed your gaze, but he couldn't pinpoint who you were looking at. "Tch" he was unamused by your lies, having been friends with you in his cadet days, he knew you well enough to know when you were lying. It was quite simple, you were awful at lying. "Tell me."

You remained your gaze away from him, then, you abruptly stood up, not wanting to face the consequences of when you had just exposed your injuries. "I'm fine Levi" you reassured. "I'll be heading to my room. See you later!"

Hurridly, you placed the hood of your Survey Corps cape over your head so your bruises were covered as you exited the mess hall.

Levi watched as you left, feeling his heart pain at how you were lying to him. You did lie to him before, but he let those times go because they were simple lies- such as who was stealing his tea or feeding his stallion more food than necessary; however, in this case, with such injuries that Levi's head couldn't find a reasonable explanation for, he dreaded for what the answer was.