Behind The Tree (Levi x Reader)

"What are you reading there?" you asked, standing beside Zeke.

He looked startled by your sudden words, as he was indulged in reading the book he had read about seven times now. He sat on one of the several crates that were situated around the fire, where tents were grounded all around the forest. You and Levi were supervising Zeke along with Levi's new squad, who were in various parts of the forest. Though, it seemed more like Levi was supervising both you and Zeke, as you were reckless as always around the man.

"Something you won't be able to comprehend" Zeke answered you, lifting his finger to fix his glasses.

You narrowed your eyes, but bent your body down, hovering over his shoulder. You peered over Zeke, getting a little too close for comfort, especially as Levi watched it happen from a few distances away. "You're right, I actually don't understand what the words are saying," you said, looking along the words that covered the pages. "Are they in this, Marleyan language of yours?"

"Indeed" he answered bluntly, then, he lifted up a spare cup of fine Marleyan red wine. Its color shined bright red, and it looked delectable. "Have some" he gestured, inching the cup towards you.

You smiled at him, returning back to your post. "I'm alright, thank you," you said. "I'd much rather have tea." Then, you noticed Levi making his way towards the two of you. Zeke returned back to reading his book while you watched Levi come over to you both. "Corporal!" you said, a slight smile graced your lips when you saw him.

Levi narrowed his eyes, furrowing his brows that you were in such a close proximity to the beast titan wielder that he hastily grabbed your hand, dragging you along with him. You were startled by the contact of his calloused hand within yours, especially when Zeke was in both of your peripheral vision.

Once Levi made it far enough behind a tree, away from the man's prying eyes, or even anyone's eyes, he turned around; however, he kept his hands tightly intertwined within yours. You looked at his eyes, noticing the slight fracture of the facade he was putting up.

"Tch" he clicked his tongue in annoyance, unwanting to further fracture the facade he was having up. But you were having none of it. "Stop getting so close to that hairy ass piece of shit" he advised.

You chuckled at Levi's nickname for him, grazing your thumb over his tensed knuckles. "I'm sorry," you said. "I'm just curious about him, he seems to hide more secrets than he tells."

"That's because he is, and that's why you shouldn't get too close to him," he grumbled. "You know very well he can harm you, maybe even take you hostage. I don't want that to happen to you."

Your heart fluttered from Levi's words. None of the others knew of the relationship the two of you shared, and Levi didn't want Zeke especially to know. Because if he did, he would exploit Levi's weakness to his advantage and that would only end in something brutal. Something Levi himself would never want to witness.

Sighing, you briefed a faint smile and pulled Levi towards your body, wrapping your arms around him and resting the palm of your hands to his back. The muscles on his back were tense, but as you ran your hand up and down, fingers tracing, circling his back, his body relaxed. He laid his head on your shoulder, his hands finding their way to your waist and giving a small squeeze to it.

Levi suddenly felt the soft touch of your hand run along his nape, and it passed further upwards to his undercut. One hand rested upon his nape while the other combed through his hair, ruffling through his raven locks. Levi sighed in satisfaction, and you smiled at how he was beginning to relax. After a while, you leaned back and cupped his cheek. He immediately indulged himself further into your touch. Then, he felt you plant a chaste kiss on his cheek, making his lips turn upwards ever so slightly.

"You seem much healthier Levi," you praised, wrapping your arms back around him. "I'm very proud and very happy to see that."

He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle, breaking his stoic exterior. If it was just you, then just for a moment in this cruel world the both of you lived in, he'd let it happen. He lifted a hand to your face and pinched your cheeks, stretching them out. "Thanks to a certain someone who has gained some weight."

A gasp went past your lips, eyebrows furrowing as you felt quite offended, but before you got the chance to retort back with a witty remark, Levi pulled you close to his lips and kissed your cheeks. "But, I like a woman with some meat. Makes me happy to know that you're eating well, just as you are helping me with it."

You grumbled as you relented, sucumming to Levi's words and embrace. "Very funny, Levi. Offending me then finding a way to compliment me back so I wouldn't flip you over my shoukder" you said. "But, thank you, I suppose we're both getting much healither huh?" You ran your hand back up and down his back, but more towards his hips.

Levi's eyes widened, his breath hitched upon your hands that were on his hips. It wasn't touched often, and he was relieved, but, now that he was under your touch...his secret would be out. Quickly he slurred out, "don't touch there."

You lifted a brow at his reaction, and until you realized why, Levi witnessed you plaster on a wicked smirk.

"Don't yo-" fits of laughter erupted out of Levi's lips, and he muffled it by covering his mouth with one of his hands.

His eyes bore into yours, his face contorted to one of anger, but at the same time with plea that you stop your attack. Shaking your head, it was all in vain as your smile reached his eyes. You continued to tickle Levi. "Gee, I didn't think you were the ticklish type!" you chimed. "C'mon, I want to hear you laugh~" you teased.

"(Y-Y/N) you better fucking stop right now!" he demanded.

You decided to do it for a few more minutes before letting him go. Suddenly, just as you were about to stop, Levi took matters into his own hands and quickly cupped your cheeks and placed a gentle kiss to your lips. Your eyes widened in shock, just like your hands as they've halted their movements and reign over his hips.

The kiss was sweet, a first for the both of you as you took things slow with Levi. It felt different, in the way where a kiss other than on the lips seemed minor compared to when one would get one on the lips.

Levi's eyes were closed as he tilted and deepened the kiss, cupping your cheeks in a very gentle manner that made your knees weak and face turn crimson red. Finally, he pulled away and grinned. Despite how this would cause anyone to smirk, Levi was blushing himself.

"Why'd you kiss me?" you asked, already knowing the answer; however, hearing it from him felt much better.

"You wouldn't stop so I did it" he stated bluntly, and his eyes didn't look at you as he spoke. He felt bad for having done that without your permission, after all, consent was everything to him- but, he had let that out the back of his mind. "I'm sorry (Y/N) I'll-"

Chuckling, you turned Levi's head to the side so that you made eye contact with him. Your thumb brushed past his lips, thinking of how soft they were upon yours.

"It felt nice, thank you" you said, and just as he kissed you to stop your tickling, you stopped his nervousness with another kiss to his lips. "Now we're even."

His eyes remained on you, looking at you lovingly. "Tch" he scoffed, but you knew how he was feeling.

In the end, just behind the tree, you both shared a tender moment with each other, shielded away from cruelty of the world you both lived in.

And, within each other's embrace, Levi couldn't have felt more safe and loved than there, right within your arms.