The Two Idiots (Levi x Reader)

Author's Note: Okay, so this may sound like a really idiotic idea of mine, but my heart really yearns for some love for the poor Yeager that keeps getting his ass beat by Levi. I don't think anyone has ever told him "I love you" his whole life. Note that I thought it'd be a fun little story, where Erwin is surprisingly still alive. But if you don't like Zeke, I apologize. Hope you enjoy some parts of it either way :) Hopefully, there's not too much Zeke, and there's a good amount of him and Levi.

"You've got to be fucking with me" Levi grimaced.

You bit your bottom lip in nervousness, not really able to muster up the courage to explain what was going on. In the likelihood that given the chance, Levi would take him and quite literally, toss him in the lake nearby because...he's a child. The lake was deep, so this could kill him.

"I-I mean...as you can see" you pulled away from the little boy. Levi observed with great annoyance as the child looked up at you with a great amount of curiosity. "Zeke has turned into a...child?"

Levi crossed his arms, glaring at the grey doe-eyed child. His hair was shaggy, a platinum blond color. "And how in the hell does that even happen?" he snarled, continuing to look at the child with such irritation that said child snuggled against your coat.

You were by all means confused yourself. In one minute you were talking to Levi, and remembering that you had forgotten something near the lake you both visited, you went back and found a child there. Locking eyes with the boy, you realized it had an uncanny look to Zeke, but the moment the child locked eyes with you, you realized it was him.

He walked up to you, staggering and falling on his way, and once he arrived at your feet, looked up at you. His small arms went up in grabbing motions, asking to be picked up. You, albeit with some hesitation and reluctance, complied. Immediately, he snuggled up to your coat, just as Levi arrived, wondering what was taking you so long. And so, here the both of you were, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Levi continued to look at the child within your arms, and closing his eyes, he crossed his arms and heaved a tired sigh. "This man gives us no breaks" he walked up beside you, leaning his face over your shoulder to get a better look at the child.

At that moment, your cheeks grew a rosy color. Being so close to Levi has always had that effect on you, no matter how much you wished to prevent such feelings from happening, it still relented. Because of that, and the increasing rate of your heartbeat that Zeke felt, he pulled away. The menacing glare that he saw once he pulled away, reminded him of exactly who he was looking at- to the point he started shivering and pulling on your coat. He clutched onto it, almost hyperventilating at the presence of the man that kicked his ass several times.

Levi was amused when he saw this, but you, you were at most a little worried. Zeke, maybe still retaining his old mind, was a child. So, to Levi's horror, you began to run your hand up and down the child's back, soothing his breathing.

"What are doing?" Levi asked, faining any care for the fact that Zeke was petrified by him.

"Soothing him? I honestly don't know" you admitted, continuing your motions.

Once Zeke was breathing a little better, you gently sat down. Immediately, he pulled away and curled up in your lap, shivering the moment he locked eyes with Levi who had also sat down right beside you.

If Zeke had some sort of plan to hurt you, Levi was going to keep a keen and close eye on this boy. If it comes down to it, he will not hesitate to throw the child into the lake, letting it drown and silence its cries.

You sighed, looking at Levi. "He seems to remember you, from the way he's shivering" you chuckled lowly. "Guess he might have his old mind within him...I wonder..." you lifted your hand, ruffling through the blonde locks, gaining his attention. "Tell me, do you know who we are? Are you still the Zeke we know?"