The Cursed King (King!Levi x Reader)

Author's Note: Inspired by a Tik Tok about a manhwa called, Our Tyrant Became Young. It's my own take on it :)

It'll be pretty slow-paced since I wanted to establish an actual story with the characters before rushing anything with Levi. So be warned of its lengthiness, otherwise, I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

——-

The announcement made by the advisory sparked controversies and rumors. It didn't help that many had never seen his majesty's face, despite the exception of mere meetings and attendance.

But that wasn't the thing that surprised you. What was, was the offer to care for the king's son in exchange for protection and your place in the palace. As you were a renowned doctor in the kingdom of Paradis, it was of no shock to those around your quaint part of town that you were chosen.

Packing your things, you were stuffing all you could inside. It would be the last time you'd see your lovely abode after all. Taking one last glance at the bedroom, you approached the woman who had taken you in when you were young. She had taken it upon herself to raise you like her own daughter, and you would be forever grateful.

Setting your things down, you embraced her frail frame, enveloping her with your love. She returned the same feelings, a stray tear falling down her old face, yet a youthful smile plastered on her lips when she pulled back. "Be safe my dear, visit when you can."

"I will, I love you" You smiled.

Getting your things, you gave her one last farewell before walking up towards a carriage. It was midday, the sun unusually bright and warm.

A knight stood by the steps, watching your every move like a hawk. He cleared his throat, greeting you. "Doctor (Y/N)?" He asked.

"Yes, you must be his majesty's personal knight, Erwin Smith, was it?"

He gave a curt nod. "Indeed, please, let me take that for you," gesturing towards your heavy luggage.

"Oh! No need, I am capable of my own things" You assured.

Hearing so, he went and opened the carriage door for you, offering you his hand. Smiling, you took it and entered. He followed after and signaled the driver to lead them to the royal palace.

Settling into the little ride, you stuck your head out and basked in the gentle breeze- the wind in your hair calming your nerves and for the fact that summer evenings had always provided you with a sort of warmth in a world encased with nothing but the evils of itself.

Erwin observed you, taking a liking to your personality. When you returned back to your seat, he asked, "are you excited, Doctor (Y/N)?"

"You may simply call me by my name, I'd prefer it that way if you don't mind?" You requested.

He chuckled lowly. What a heavenly laugh, you thought to yourself. "Are you excited, (Y/N)?"

"That's more like it" You chimed. "To answer your question, I am quite nervous. He's a sort of mystery to me. No one besides those who reside within the palace has seen his face. So the chance to see him frightens me with a certain alarm."

He saw the way your hands shook, deciding to place a reassuring hand on you. You looked up, having cast your eyes down in doubt. His gentle gaze gave you an immediate sense of security. "There's nothing to be afraid of, trust me."

"How do I know you're not just saying that to trick me?" You nudged, unconvinced.

He laughed once again, sending a smile to your face without much effort. "Then that'll be up for you to decide."