Roses (Levi x Reader) School AU

Levi, in one simple word for you, when it came to school, was a delinquent of sorts. Many feared him for his skills in silencing others with a single look, and you would assume that with his height, he'd be weak...but that's the worst assumption you could ever, ever make. By far, he's the strongest person in the whole entire school. Combining the whole football team could never amass to how strong he truly was, and that was what made people fear him.

The birds were chirping like any other day as they perched on a branch, their feathers being ruffled by the wind; the day was off to a great start. While reading a book, you fumbled with the corner, finishing the last paragraph before flipping the page. Your other classmates were either sleeping, eating, or lounging around as they had just finished exams.

Humming silently, you were taken aback when someone's backpack was slammed to the seat next to yours. Looking to your side, there he was, Levi. He had his usual scowl on his face, and by no means did he look well. Bruises were on his face and his arms, you noticed since his sleeves were rolled up. The most noticeably concerning part of his face was the blood that stained his cheeks.

He gazed at you as you handed him a handkerchief and continued reading your book, minding your own business after handing him something to clean himself. He scoffed, but nevertheless, took the handkerchief. As a thank you, he threw a paper to you. You quirked up your brow, looking at him and he crossed his arms, urging you to open it.

You set your book down, and he took notice of the name. He liked the name, he had read it too.

You took the paper in your hand and unfolded it to see a neatly written thank you. You smiled, nodding to him before picking the book back up. It was the norm for you two to exchange glances, though sometimes, you were still wary of his little...aggressive side. Nevertheless, you would consider him a friend, and you would find him to consider you a friend..sort of, but it was something.

The minutes passed as everyone waited for the bell to ring, and Levi had hoped for the day to end already. He had other business to deal with, and to have to be stuck in the classroom was not something he wanted to do. He was academically smart, no doubt, but he had gotten his name for being aggressive towards his classmates, mainly those who picked on him for being lesser than them. Despite his intelligence, he was still bullied for his financial issues.

After a while, it came as no surprise when your friend, Jean, began to flirt with you. "How you doing doll?" he smirked while wrapping an arm around you.

You sighed, placing your hand on his cheek to push his face away. "For the forty-eighth time, no, I'm not going to go out with you. You're doing this to practically all the other girls, I don't want to even be associated with your flirting."

"Oh c'mon, you know you can't resist me~" he continued to pester you.

Annoyed, you were about to push him away before Levi grabbed you, pulling you away from Jean as everyone else watched in slight worry for him. You looked at Levi, thanking him with your eyes. He looked at you, thankful that you were alright since he feared being too harsh on you. Looking back at Jean, he furrowed his eyes.

Jean backed away, his hands up. "Look, I was just having fun okay? It's not even your business to meddle with her and me, you're not even friends."

"Tch" Levi scoffed, walking a little closer to him.

The teacher pinched his nose, heaving a tired sigh. "Enough! Levi, report to the principal, now."

Despite hearing those words, Levi still approached Jean, and with one swift move, he kneed him in his precious region. With a scoff, he picked up his duffel bag and left. As he left, the bell rang, leaving the other classmates filing out as Jean groaned in pain.