Worthwhile (Levi x Reader)

It wasn't often that the scouts of the Survey Corps had the luxury to rewind and relax. Above all, enough time to take a decent bath. So when it was announced that there were no expeditions for the next few weeks, in addition to newly installed rooms that had large tubs, able to occupy many people- practically everyone had swarmed to claim a room, you were among them.

You clutched onto your towel and attires you'd be wearing to head out into town; however, the only issue was to find a room. Every time you tried to open a door, it was locked, rendering you quite saddened at how unlucky you were. Sighing, you passed by a door and realized that it was unlocked. Looking from side to side, you failed to notice a brunette as they hid in the corner of the hallway.

Once you found that the coast was clear, you rushed inside, locking the door. You heaved a relieved sigh, failing to realize that your raven-haired Corporal was within the very room you were in, within that tub and enjoying the warmth of the waters. So, when you turned around to set your towel and clothes down, your eyes widened when you met his.

Words were unable to come out of your mouth when you saw his arms propped on the edge of the wooden tub, his body soaked with water, and hair slicked back. You hastialy turned around and attempted to leave the room- but the door was jammed shut. Sweat began to trickle down your skin as you frantically tried to unlock the door, but there must've been some outside force forbidding you from opening it from the inside. Just as you were going to give up, you heard snickers on the other side of the door. Realizing who it was, you paused. "Hanji" you said sternly, attempting to mask a nervous voice.

She laughed, a mischievous grin was plastered on her lips. "Mhm, yes? What? Want me to open the door?~"

Her tone made you imagine herself holding the keys to the door, wavering it in your face, even though there was a door blocking you from seeing it; however, it didn't stop you from imagining her with that smug look.

"What's the purpose of this Hanji?!" you exclaimed, unable to contain your nervousness. "Can you please let me out?!"

"No can do, you'll just have to take that bath with shortie in there~" and with that, you heard her laugh once more before it faded away.

You stood there, frozen, trying to process what had happened. It didn't take long before you heard Levi shift within the water, and you gulped, facing the door. You wanted to respect him, even if respect was already shown between the two of you as superiors with similar strengths, you wanted to respect his privacy so you remained facing the door. "I'm so sorry Levi" you voiced.

You didn't hear him answer you for a while, but a few minutes later, you heard a faint voice. "If you want to take a bath, do so, the water will get cold."

Your heart thumped at the thought of taking a bath with him, practically naked. Perhaps taking a bath with your clothes on wouldn't hurt? It was quite idiotic to think that since you'd get soaked anyway. Well, what if you asked Levi to get out and face the other way? He might agree, but you didn't want to ruin his chance to get a proper bath as well...leaving no choice left, you turned to meet his eyes and nodded. What you didn't expect was that his back was already faced towards you, not even that, he seemed to be at the edge of the tub now. Was he giving you your own space to allow you to undress, to get yourself cleaned up? You smiled at his little gesture.

After taking off your clothes, you slowly dipped yourself into the tub and relinquished in the warm waters. It felt rewarding, after all, this was after an expedition that resulted in grave casualties- so, to have such a nice bath to wash away your worries, and care about your own wellbeing felt very rewarding.

Looking to the side, you grabbed a little scrub and began cleaning yourself.

In the meantime, Levi still remained at the corner, sitting idly there. He has never experienced something such as this before, so suffice to say, it was very nerve-wracking for him. Not to mention how it was with the women he's grown to harbor a certain feeling for, it wasn't easy for him to maintain his emotions, nor his words. His face was red, and he excused it to be because of the hot steam that was emitting from the tub; however, he knew better that it was because of you.