Paradise in Paradis (Levi x Witch!Reader)

A pebble was kicked, and another as Levi continuously kicked on them to ease his stress. Though none has worked so far through the passing of time. He's been doing so for the past several hours, and none have gone as far as to ease his troubles. His mind went into a frenzy as he thought about the deaths of his comrades. The lives that have been taken by the man he trusted, Erwin Smith...yet no progress has been made. As a result, tension brewed within the Survey Corps and its legitimacy in restoring humanity. The curses and criticism he and his comrades received from the civilians were draining in all ways, more than just mentally. Often time they would throw trash, enacting that they were littering the worst branch of the military.

Sighing, Levi walked aimlessly through the forest. Heading into town would do no good, especially when there were people who would call him 'Humanity's Failure' It wasn't just something he hated to hear, it was the fact that they dared to say it when they had no idea of the true nature and severity of their threat. Suffice to say, if the issue continues, he'd be looking at the threat as the humans rather than the titans. Such a society criticizing those who were willing to sacrifice their lives to save theirs...it was a pitiful world.

Eventually, Levi looked upwards and looked behind him. He realized that by the time his thoughts had ended, he has lost his way back to headquarters. This upset him more than he'd like to admit since such a small thing was irritating him, but how could he not? He wanted to take a stroll in the forest to rid his problems, yet ended up lost and confused.

A light by the end of the forest, as far as Levi could see, drew him to walk towards it. He began walking there until he was amazed by the sight before him.

Large fields of flowers he's never seen before spread across the whole field, and amongst them was a small cottage. It looked oddly out of place, especially when the moon shone its light towards the home, it looked suspicious. Levi knew that these parts located near the Survey Corps Headquarters were clear of homes, since they were mainly forested areas- so to see a home there was intriguing.

Slowly, he began to walk through the fields of flowers until he looked upwards at the moon. His eyes widened when he saw a figure sitting upon...a cloud? The cloud was separated from those closest to the sky, but he could partially make out a figure.

You were sitting upon the cloud, gazing admirably at the moon. You've always loved the moon, for its ability to change its shape, yet still become a whole, along with its dark crates indicated to you the many times the sun has danced with the moon. It was a love story that you've always admired, whenever you got the chance to see the full moon closely. Its moonbeams shining greatly at you, symbolizing his smile at the sun made your heart warm.

For Levi, he was awestruck by the sight before him. To deal with man-eating titans was one thing, but to see someone sit upon a cloud so high up in the air? It was peculiar.

It wasn't long before you looked downwards when you felt a pair of eyes on you, and you were certainly startled to see a man staring at you. You chuckled inwardly, understanding that what he was witnessing was likely something beyond nature.

He caught your eyes, hitching his breath. And in the moonlight, he saw your face. He saw you looking at him, peeking out from under the moonbeams as the breeze passed him. And he simply felt as though his problems were fading away. What was this?

"You must be frightened," you say to him.

He parted his lips and drew his brows downwards, asking, "what are you?"

You laughed, and lifting your hand in the air, you motioned the cloud to float towards the man. Levi took a step back, suspicious and wary of what he was seeing. You continued to sit on the cloud, but now, you were a few feet away from him. You had to admit, he looked handsome. His dark circles under his eyes were undeniably attractive, along with his raven-haired undercut. Not to mention his height, he was quite short, though you didn't mind all too much about that. After all, height didn't matter much to you.