Documented Love (Levi x Reader)

Author's Note: Requested by @Imissvine2o.

I'll be taking a break for my mental health and for other reasons. For your patience, I will return with that promised oneshot ;) And I'll see if I can make it long!! Thank you all for supporting me this far.

——-

He exhaled tirelessly, fumbling with the documents he had just retrieved from the Commander. That man gave Levi no rest, especially being Humanity's Strongest Soldier gave him no ease in his personal life along with his work life. Even for just a few seconds he could rest his eyes, he would love to do so; however, when measures call for extensive work and confirmation with the delivery of weaponry and consent to dangerous expeditions, there was no time to rest- and so, Levi picked up his pen and took a document to examine.

His eyes scanned the paper, their words a jumble of utter nonsense. "What idiot thinks this is a smart plan." He uttered under his breath.

Frankly, he could care less about reading what he had in hand, he wanted his damn work to be dealt with so he could be as punctual as he could be to his daily meeting with you. It was one of his favorite time of the day, but the paperwork was hindering this.

After a while, he finished and saw the blank lines of where he had the space to sign his name. The tip of the pen touched the paper, and he wrote his name.

Levi...

He stopped, his breath caught in his throat. What was his last name? He set the pen down, his calloused fingers brushing the surface. What was it...part of who made him, him? Was he no one?

He vaguely remembered his mother and the man who had taken him under his wing. He learned how to survive in the Undergrounds thanks to him, but then again, that didn't help in finding his last name.

Just who was he then? A man without a mother? A father? An identity that wasn't his own? Did it mean he never existed?

Shaking his head, he picked the pen back up and stared. Then, on a pure whim, he subconsciously wrote something and only when he had set his pen down and his grey eyes saw what he wrote did he realize what he did.

Signature, Levi (L/N)

He had written your last name, and admittedly, he liked it. He liked the way it sounded, they way it rolled off his tongue, how it seemed to belong to you. His heart, his mind, his soul belonged to you, (Y/N) (L/N).

He touched the marks the ink had made seconds ago, gazing lovingly at the strokes that were made. His heart shook and he could feel the creeping of a warmth flowing under his skin to the visible areas of his cheeks. He had to keep his composure- he couldn't let anyone see him gushing over this- but there was a sudden knock.

"Levi! May I come in?" You shouted. He gasped under his breath, fumbling with the document so hastily that it slipped under his hands, and flew off his desk in front of the door. "Are you okay? I'm coming in!" You announced.

"No, wait!" Levi slurred out, but you had already entered.

You took a step when you heard a crumble under your foot. Curious, you bent down and took it. You scanned the paper until your eyes came across the last part. When Levi saw your eyes widen, he hitched his breath, the palms of his hands sweating profusely to the point he could've sworn he could produce a pale of water.

Your eyes danced to his face, looking away from you. Rosy cheeks and a warm smile made their way to the nervous Corporal. You handed him back the document, and he took it quickly away from you.

A silence fell into the room, one that only lasted for several minutes before you spoke up. "You-you really think that way about me, huh?"

"Tch, no I don't. I- I don't know who gave you that idea" he denied. For good reason too, how could someone as aloof as he was explain this to someone as amazing as you? You might not reciprocate his feelings, so there was no point in trying.

Chuckling, your eyes fell to his trembling hands, and gently, you took them into yours, softly grazing over his skin and while his grey eyes watched you do so, his lips parted in shock. You went ahead and kissed his knuckles. He gasped under his breath, as you placed another kiss on his ring finger.

Pulling back, your love-filled eyes gazed upon his face. A look of love, he held within those eyes, and a little bit of hesitation. "My eyes can't lie to me, Levi. You wrote my last name with yours."

He furrowed his eyes, trying to deny it but he couldn't help but succumb to the gentle touches of your skin. He let out a shaky breath. "You're not upset, are you?" he uttered out.

"Upset?" you said, as though you were taken aback by the statement. "Why would I be? I mean...I've actually loved you for a year and a half now, and I have given you several hints..."

"You...have?" He asked haltingly. 

You nodded, bringing his pale cold hands to your skin. The contrast made you sigh, closing your eyes to embrace this feeling before opening them again. "Do you not wonder why I always have a cup of tea ready for you? I have one done now because I couldn't wait to see you, all ready to be drunk in the mess hall. I've also finished up your cleaning since I know the cadets wouldn't want to do them so I could have a walk with you outside, and I even...I even made you some of your favorite pastry" you said, your eyes looking away embarrassingly. "I'll admit, one got burnt but it should still taste like how the bakery we'd go together tastes like. Unless it doesn't, I could make a new one."

Hearing those words pass your lips, those eyes that looked at him like they never had before, or perhaps, he had never noticed before, he had the urge to hug you. But he refrained from doing so. Instead, he took your hand and planted a chaste kiss on it, his eyes meeting yours. "I apologize for writing your name on it though because it'll stay there. Well I mean, the document is well beyond repair but-"

You stopped him by leaning in and kissing his cheek. "I don't mind Levi, I don't mind at all." You smiled warmly.

He let out a small smile, his hand hesitantly but gently cupping your face. "Tch, then you'll have me, in that way?" He asked.

You nodded happily. "Of course, I don't mind being your wife. As long as I have you, I don't mind having my last name documented with yours. I love you, after all."