Damon - sick

request: Damon Salvatore being sick and Stefan takes care of him.

written by: LilyFlynningan4

Damon was sitting at the bar at the Mystic Grill, waiting for Rick. He whirled his bourbon around in his glass for the fourth time. Where the hell was Rick.

"Don't tell me you're drinking alone, darling?" Damon turned at the sound of the original vampire's voice. "Rebecca, what a lovely surprise." She sat down next to him and pulled his glass close to her. "Bourbon never was my favorite but I guess I'll have a go." She sipped on Damon's drink, but when Damon glanced back at the door once more looking for Rick, she slipped a little vile into it.

By the time Damon looked back to her, the drink was resting on the bar, and the vile was out of view. "You have good taste." she teased. Damon pulled his drink back towards himself. "Then I suppose you should get your own." he commented with raised eyebrows. Rebecca shrugged and Damon took a sip of his drink. His phone buzzed in his pocket.

Rick: Can't make it. Have to help Jeremy with something.

Damon stood, adjusted his jacket and regretfully downed the rest of his drink in one gulp. "Catch you later, blondie." he said as he walked out the door and headed home. Rebecca leaned back in her chair, smiling knowing that her big brother would be pleased.

It wasn't until Damon was home and walking around that he felt off. His stomach was bubbling and his head was swimming. He knew Stefan and Elena were up in Stefan's room but suddenly their voices were muffled and sounded like they were underwater. Damon tried to grab hold of the banister, but collapsed to the floor instead.

Stefan heard the thud and froze. Elena looked at him with her big eyes. "What's wrong?" she asked. Stefan stood and listened. "I don't know. I don't think anyone broke into the house, but...Damon." he suddenly remembered had come home a while ago.

Without a second thought Stefan started down the stairs, leaving Elena baffled. Despite their rocky history, Stefan would never want anything to happen to Damon.

Stefan almost tripped over Damon at the bottom of the stairs. "Crap, crap, crap, crap." Stefan bent down and rolled Damon onto his back."Damon, can you hear me?" Damon didn't respond. Stefan immediately felt the heat rising off of Damon's body. He rested a hand to his forehead. "ELENA!" Stefan called out.

"Oh my God." Elena whispered out when she saw the sight. "Help me get him to bed." Stefan demanded. Elena took one of Damon's arms while Stefan got the other and slung them over their shoulders.

"What happened?" Elena asked frantic. "I don't know." Stefan grumbled.

They put Damon to bed and cover him in soft sheets. Elena got a bucket, because they were really sure what this was and Stefan got a cold cloth for his head.

"Stef?" Damon mumbled after a minute of silent rest. "I'll give you two some space." Elena said as she went downstairs.

"Hey, it's me. You're okay. Do you know what happened?" Stefan asked quietly.

Damon turned over in the sheets. "I don't feel good." He mumbled, sounding like a little kid again.

Before Stefan could say anything Damon lurched forward and threw up on the floor. Stefan was surprised but quickly got the bucket to his brother. Damon threw up on and off for what seemed like hours. Stefan rubbed his back the whole time. Damon eventually collapsed backwards on the bed into Stefan's arms.

"Am I dying?" Damon questioned. Stefan bit his lip. "Of course not." He had no idea how to help his brother more than this. Both vampires were exhausted from this ordeal and fell asleep soon after.

Stefan woke up a few hours late when Elena knocked on the door. He looked at Damon. His face was ghostly pale and covered in sweat. Stefan sighed.

Elena walked in. "Caroline called. Apparently this was Klaus's doing. He has a cure. Caroline is gonna negotiate for it."

Stefan exhaled. "Damon, you're gonna be okay." Damon didn't seem to hear him though. He moved closer to his baby brother.

Stefan ran his fingers through his hair. He used the cold cloth from earlier to wipe off some of his sweat.

Elena leaned against the doorframe and smiled. Maybe there was hope for the two of them making up permanently after all.