Paul - unexpected

request: Paul gets sick and Ian takes care of him.

It was a calm day on set as always. Everyone being tired in the morning and getting their makeup done before their takes. Ian were just hanging out in his trailer by himself until the first scene of the day. He read the script to make sure that everything would be remembered. They had been a little behind in filming, and Ian were trying to catch up with the extra work coming in. He was soon called to set to do the scenes. He hugged Paul as he saw him for the first time that day and then they started shooting the scene. Stefan sitting in front of the fireplace, brooding as usually and Damon trying to cheer him up with some lame joke. The lines rolled off of Ian's tongue, but when reaching Paul's lines, nothing was being said. Ian thought that Paul might have forgotten to say something and so he just went with it.

"Stefan? You're good over there?" He asked.

"No... No I'm really not good," Paul thought.

"Stefan." Ian said, getting closer only to notice the sweat dripping down Paul's face. He was shaking and Ian gasped at the sight.

"Cut!" He yelled and kneeled in front of Paul. He pressed his hand against Paul's head and Paul didn't even put up a fight about it. He was burning up and Ian felt it immediately. He wrapped his arm around Paul, letting the younger actor lean into him.

"What's happening, Ian?" Julie asked from behind the camera.

"He's really sick, Julie. He has a damn high fever and he looks like he's gonna faint. He can't work. I'm really sorry, but I'm gonna take him to my trailer."

Julie nodded approvingly and Ian dragged Paul along.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." Paul whispered. Ian shook his head.

"You're not, but you're gonna be."

Ian lowered Paul onto his couch and placed a few pillows under the head. He got some water for him and helped him drink. Told him to drink slowly. Then he covered him with a blanket and fetched some medicines.

"Try to sleep," Ian said and sat on the couch next to Paul. He gently rubbed Paul's knee and watched him fall into a restless sleep. Ian made ginger tea for him when he woke up.

"Ian I-," Paul was cut off by vomit spilling from his mouth at a fast pace, getting all over the floor. Ian gasped and rushed over with a trash can, only catching the last bit of vomit. Paul tried to apologise but Ian shushed him.

"I'll clean it up, Ian, I promise."

Ian shook his head.

"There's not a thing in the world I wouldn't do for you, you know that. Here, take this tea. It will help." Ian reached the tea to him and Paul sipped it slowly. Ian cleaned up the vomit and then started heating a heating pad for Paul. He gently rested it on Paul's stomach making him sigh in relief. Paul quickly fell asleep again and after a while there was a knock on the door. Ian opened seeing Julie and Candice.

"Julie said that Paul was sick. Is he okay?" Candice asked.

"Well I don't think he's feeling so good. He just threw up. It might be just stress from being behind with work. He'll get better soon. Tomorrow he'll be all good again." Ian said with a smile.

"Is he going to need a doctor?" Julie asked.

"No, no. It's fine. It's certainly a 24-hour thing."

They left again and Ian sat on a chair, keeping an eye on Paul. When Paul woke up around 8 in the evening, he was feeling better but didn't have a lot of appetite and he felt weak. Ian made him a tiny bit of dinner before telling him to go to sleep again. When they both woke up in the morning, Paul was feeling much better as promised