Stefan - so Care

request: can you do caroline taking care of Stefan.

"Oh my god! You won't believe this!" Caroline started as she met Elena in the hallway after the summerbreak. They were seniors. Finally. This was the year of Caroline Forbes. She knew that. She could feel that. It was her year.

"What Care?" Elena giggled.

"This freshman is totally up my ass. He's trying out for the football team or whatever so that I could cheer for him. I don't want freshmen! I want hot guys! Like Johnny Depp hot!" She whined and Elena laughed. "Speaking of football... Where is Stefan?"

"Don't know, but I'm not worried. He disappears from school from time to time. You know that. all the temptations, you know?" Elena said. Caroline nodded with a sigh and they both headed to history-class.

45 minutes into the class, the door was opened and Stefan walked in and apologized for being late. He found his seat and listened to the teacher in silence. Caroline watched him with concern. Was it just her or did he seem tired and totally down?

As soon as the class was dismissed, she met him in front of their lockers.

"You're okay?" She asked and Stefan nodded, not giving a vocal answer. Caroline brought her palm to his forehead.

"My God, Stefan. You're feverish. You can't possibly be okay. You should be home resting. What are you even doing here?!"

Stefan winced from her loud squeaks. They hurt his head.

"I can't go home, Caroline. Damon and I had a fight yesterday." He looked at her sadly and lowered his voice even further. "I have been out in the woods all night because he didn't want me in the house."

Caroline looked sadly at him and said that Damon would understand it, if he was feeling sick, but Stefan shook his head.

"I'll tell you what. Let's ditch school and go to my place. You can get some rest and get back on your feet again." She smiled. Stefan hesitated.

"You're not even gonna get behind in school." She argued and Stefan gave in. They both went to Carolines car and she drove them back to the quiet, peaceful neighbourhood. She let Stefan into the house.

"So besides that fever of yours, what hurts?" She asked looking at him.

"My head, my throat and my stomach a little."

Caroline nodded and dragged him to her bedroom. Stefan still wasn't used to being in the rooms of teen girls. Especially Caroline's room. It was very girly. Caroline demanded for him to lay on the bed, and so he did, not feeling up for a fight.

Caroline went to fetch a thermometer, some painkillers and something to help Stefans throat. She also brought along a glass of water.

"I trust that you can do this on your own?" She said holding up the thermometer. Stefan nodded a little and slid the device under his tongue. Caroline placed the medicines and the glass on the nightstand. She sat on the edge of the bed and looked at his flushed face. The thermometer beeped and Caroline removed it, reading the result aloud.

"101 Fahrenheit. That's not too bad. I think you're just gonna sleep it off with those painkillers." She smiled and left the room, closing the door and Stefan slowly fell asleep. Caroline texted her mom that Stefan was there and that he was sick.

"Isn't he supposed to be healing faster?" Liz replied.

"Not from sickness because his imunesystem is damaged." Caroline pressed send and then just chilled on the couch for a few hours. She then cooked some soup and went to the bedroom again, where Stefan was sleeping peacefully.

She gently woke him up.

"I made you soup." Caroline smiled. Stefan smiled gratefully and ate the food, not saying that he honestly found it gross. Caroline couldn't cook, he knew that. But it was sure sweet of her to try. So Care.

"I'm home!" Liz announced.

"We are in here," Caroline said. Liz came into the room and smiled at them. She asked Caroline to let them talk for a moment and so Caroline left the room.

"You don't have to eat that." She smiled. "Caroline said you were sick. Have you thrown up? Are you feeling better?"

"I am feeling a little better. I threw up last night but I didn't tell Caroline." Stefan admitted. Liz nodded and put a bottle of sprite on the nightstand.

"That should help a little. Caroline can sleep on the couch tonight so take your time getting better." Liz smiled and walked out the room.

"Hey Liz?" Stefan asked and she peaked back into the room. "Your daughter... She's golden."