Stefan - Seizure

request: could you do one where stefan gets brain damage and had seizures and had to be hospitalized? and damon gets really concerned

"Shhh..." Damon shushed, holding a whimpering, feverish Stefan close. "It's okay. You'll be okay."

Damon wiped Stefan's forehead with his sleeve. He held him tightly.

"Damon..." Stefan whimpered.

"I know."

Stefan's body started spasming in Damon's arm. Damon kept calling out his name, but Stefan didn't respond at all. Damon called louder, but Stefan still didn't say anything. Damon got up and phoned the hospital immediately. They were quick to send an ambulance.

"Sir, I need you to remain calm."

"Remain calm?! My brother is having a fucking seizure!"

By the time the ambulance arrived the seizure was over and Stefan was somewhat conscious. Damon was sitting with Stefan's head in his lap, wiping away tears that constantly fell from Stefan's eyes. Stefan whimpered.

"Damon... I'm scared..." Stefan whispered. Damon nodded.

"You're gonna be okay."

The paramedics walked in with a stretcher.

"Hello," They placed the stretcher beside Stefan and leaned over his body.

"Hi you. We're gonna take very good care of you, alright? We're gonna figure out why you're not feeling so good."

They got him onto the stretcher and loaded him into the ambulance. Damon sat next to him and held his hand, while the doctor asked him some questions.

They wheeled him to radiology as soon as they arrived to the hospital. Damon wasn't allowed to be with Stefan during the CT scan, but he could see him through a window and talk to him with a microphone. So he kept mumbling soothing words for Stefan to hear. When they were done, they took Stefan to a single room and the doctor entered with results.

"so it seems that Stefan has suffered from head trauma at a point and that it caused bleeding in his brain. That's what caused his seizure. To prevent further damage, we will take him into surgery."

Stefan's eyes got wider immediately. He started protesting heavily and eventually started crying. Damon was by his side immediately. He held his hand and gave it a little squeeze.

"It's gonna be okay. I'll be there with you. Nothing to worry about. You're just gonna be asleep and wake up feeling much better." Damon said giving Stefan's head a little kiss. Then the doctors brought Stefan to the OR. Damon followed and held Stefan's hand when he was being put to sleep.

He wasn't allowed in the room after that. He sat in the hallway and waited for the tiniest news. It took a long time, but eventually the doctor came out and said that it was a successful surgery, and that Damon was allowed to see his little brother again.

Stefan was in his bed, asleep with a bandage around his head. His eyes were swollen and red. Damon almost didn't recognise him, and the realisation that Stefan had gone through such a serious surgery sent him off the edge and he broke down. He cupped Stefan's face with shaky hands.

"This may seem very bad, but he is in a very good shape considering the surgery he has just been in. It's gonna take a while but he will make a full recovery. He is more than okay." The doctor said.

Damon nodded and leaned his forehead against Stefan's.