Damon - sick date

requested by angelofpanic

Can you maybe do one where Damon's sick but he has a date with Elena and he doesn't want to ruin their date so he tries to hide it from Elena but she notices somethings wrong

Damon woke up with his head pounding. Thinking that today was not the day for resting, he got up, drinking a glass of water, trying to push his nausea aside. He had a date coming up with Elena. He had recently pissed her off and was desperately trying to make up for his mistakes.

"You're pale," Stefan stated, leaning cockily against the doorframe.

"Shut up," Damon scolded. "Unless you have make-up of some kind, you're not helpful."

"You wanna cover that up?" Stefan asked. Damon nodded.

"I have a date with Elena. I can't screw up again."

With that being his last words, he left the house, heading for the grill where he had told Elena to meet him. He was already ahead of her, ordering her favorite meal before she arrived. He glanced at the door every few minutes, and the fifth time, he did so, he saw Elena walk in. She sighed a little and walked to the table. She sat in front of him, shaking her head.

"Damon, I-"

"Me first," he cut her off. "I am so sorry for the way I behaved. I shouldn't have said all the things that I did. I understand your anger towards me and what I did was wrong."

Elena looked shocked. Surprised that Damon was capable of apologizing.

"You got me my favorite dinner," she smiled and Damon smiled back at her, hiding how nervous he was. So far so good.

They began eating and Damon started feeling even worse, feeling nauseous once again. He excused himself, heading for the bathroom. He looked himself in the mirror.

"Why is he always so fucking right?" He growled seeing how pale he was. He splashed water in his face, heading back to Elena.

"You're okay?" She asked, seeing him sway from side to side. He said he was fine, but she didn't believe him. She immediately stood up, resting her hand against Damon's warm forehead. He ripped his head away from her touch.

"Elena! Let me be!" he growled.

"You're doing it again," she stated calmly. "You're refusing to let people care about you."

Damon watched her eyes examine his face until she finally spoke up.

"Let's go home. You're not fine," she said, wrapping her arm around him, letting him lean on her.

"I don't want to ruin our date," he mumbled and she reassured him that he hadn't ruined anything. She helped him back to the boarding house and tugged him into bed. She kissed his forehead.

"I enjoyed our date," she smiled. "Thank you for today. I love you."

Damon smiled weakly. "I love you too."

She smiled.

"Go to bed. You need the rest. I'll be here first thing in the morning."

She left his room and he drifted off to sleep. When she came back the next morning, there was no nausea left and Damon gave her the time of her life, just as he had promised.