27

jaemin's pov

"hyung, here's the iced americano for table 5," i said as i passed the drink to my co-worker.

"thanks for the help, jaemin. i'm sorry i had to call you over when i know you took a day off." he said in return.

"don't worry about it, hyung." i said in return. i took a day off today to spend some time with mom, but i was called to cover for a co-worker who took an emergency leave, hence why i came over to help. "are you sure you can manage alone now, hyung?"

"yeah. things look manageable here. thanks again, jaemin." he said before shifting back his attention to a customer by the counter.

"alright then. i'll be heading home!" i said, untying my apron as i carried my bag with me.

it was raining heavily, it's almost like the town is showered with a thunderstorm outside. i didn't bring an umbrella, but i at least have my cafe cap - which is part of our uniform, it's not at the same level as an umbrella, but i can at least cover my head with them.

just then, jeno called me.

"hey, what's up?" i said as soon as i picked up his call.

"hey jaem. are you busy?" he asked, sounding a bit rushed.

"no, i just got off work. what's wrong?" i replied.

"can you check up on eunha? she called me just now but i couldn't talk for long as i was in a meeting in school. i texted her and she read all of my messages but she's not replying. i'm getting worried. do you think you can check up on her?" he said. it was obvious from his voice that he was worried. i could tell even if he didn't mention it.

"let me know where her house is. i'll rush there. send me her number too," i replied.

"thanks jaem. i'll send you a text. do update me on how she's doing, okay?" jeno replied.

"alright," i said. i wanted to end the call there, but i couldn't help but ask, "hey, do you like her, by any chance?"

he laughed, and i wasn't sure what his laugh meant, he then replied, "i care for her. but she only sees me as a brother so there's nothing else i can do about that. but i sure know someone else likes her. someone who never liked any other girl. go run to her, okay jaem? i got to go."

he hung up. within seconds, he sent a message of a contact and then an address of eunha's place.

as i made my way, a figure caught my eye, one that was supposed to make me feel better. but it was the other way around instead, i wasn't glad to see the state she was in. instead, the tiny bit of worry that was inside me grew so much bigger.

end of pov

"it's suffocating," eunha gasped - or rather an alters of her who fronted, gasped.

please, don't leave the house. you're not in a state to leave the house.

rosé, please! don't let her front. the outside world isn't safe for her!

i know, ailee. i'm trying! eunha, can you please take over. we can't let her leave the house.

even through much resistance, they managed to leave the house. eunha was right, they're not in the right state to leave the house. moreover, it isn't safe to go out when the youngest one is fronting.