19

"eunha!" called jaemin from a distance. eunha stopped in front of her class and waited for jaemin to approach her.

"hey," eunha greeted when jaemin stopped before her.

"can i talk to you for a minute?" asked jaemin.

"uh yeah, sure. can we talk at the cafeteria?" asked eunha, her thumb pointing in the direction of the cafeteria.

"um i prefer to talk about it in a private place. what about the rooftop? if that's fine with you, of course." suggested jaemin.

silence grew between the two for a few seconds before eunha nodded to jaemin's suggestion.

the two walked side by side as they made their way to the rooftop. throughout the walk, both stayed quiet with jaemin stealing a few glances towards eunha on his side.

as they reached their destination, jaemin opened the door for eunha.

"i haven't been here in a while," said eunha, dropping her bag on the floor before making her way to the edge, her favourite spot to have a seat.

"the rooftop gives me comfort when i'm having a rough time," jaemin said, joining to sit with eunha at the edge.

"the rooftop gives comfort to all of you dreamies," eunha said, curving a smile to jaemin before continuing, "what did you want to talk about?" 

"i don't know how you'll take this," jaemin started, "can i help you as a friend?" 

"i'm sorry, what?" asked eunha again, taken aback by jaemin's sudden offer.

"sorry, that must've been surprising to you," jaemin said as he released a nervous chuckle. "i'm sure you know about my sister, right?" 

"na jinhye. i've heard about her. but i still don't understand what you're trying to say," eunha replied.

"eunha," jaemin called softly, grabbing eunha's attention in an instant, "i've seen someone as lost as you are right now. i've seen my sister having a hard time understanding herself, let alone accepting herself. it took her a long time to accept her disorder. i want to help you, eunha."

"jaemin,"

"will you let me help you?" his question was a short and brief one, but it meant a lot to eunha.

"jaemin-"

"i understand if you don't believe me yet because i know you still think i hate you. but i don't and i'm willing to help you understand and accept yourself," jaemin replied. 

"jaemin," she started, "i appreciate your intention. but i'm still processing everything. i don't even know if i should stay with dreamies."

"but why not?" asked jaemin.

"will staying with the dreamies protect me? everyone else outside of dreamies told me that it'd be better for me to stay away from you guys," said eunha.

"by everyone else outside of dreamies, you mean haerin and eunjin?" jaemin chuckled, "they hate the dreamies. haerin would do anything in her power to see dreamies break up again,"

"i don't know, jaemin. i don't want to be involved in this drama. i have enough of my own," eunha said, standing up as she leaves jaemin to sit alone by the edge.

"eunha," jaemin called before he catches up with eunha, "can you give me a chance? a chance to show you that you deserve to be in dreamies with all of us? a chance to help you?"